Which oil-fired condensing boiler?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know of a good 80kW oil fired condensing boiler?

I know Worcester Bosh do a 50-70kW, not sure if they do an 80kW version?

Sponsored Links
What are you heating to need 80 kw?

You need to be looking at an Ideal Falcon commercial boiler if such an output is required.

I would run two smaller boilers in a cascade.

Warmflow U150HE does up to 44kW so two will give you 88kW.

You then have some backup in case of a failure.

Good point, I may well do the 2 smaller boiler option. Like you say, there will be back-up should one be out of action

Sponsored Links

Good point, I may well do the 2 smaller boiler option. Like you say, there will be back-up should one be out of action

Will also be more economical if configured in a cascade. Second boiler will only come on when first one isn't keeping up with demand. Hence first one will be running longer at better efficiency. What are you heating? I suggest a low loss header as well to aid distribution.

Archie Kidd model 260 if you want the best. The first, the only one with 30yrs in production.

Archie Kidd model 260 if you want the best. The first, the only one with 30yrs in production.
...............and leaks like a sieve!!!
We took two out last year, text book installations, but very poor welding on the water jackets. My mate works Off-Shore in the North Sea & he had the welds tested - that's his job. He said they can't be employing graded welders, but monkeys. He also said work like that would never be acceptable in any Ship Yard or Off-Shore.

For real quality if money is no object
Hoval Ultraoil 50 - 80 its a Blue flame oil fired boiler
very high tech effcient and advanced

Unlike the Archie Kidd that is very badly engineered and based on technology from the 1960's !! :rolleyes:

For real quality if money is no object
Hoval Ultraoil 50 - 80 its a Blue flame oil fired boiler
very high tech effcient and advanced

Unlike the Archie Kidd that is very badly engineered and based on technology from the 1960's !! :rolleyes:

The Hoval appliances are the dog's danglers...........Good call as always Boilerman2.

Well done boiler man and delta hovels rule ok I've got two mate work for them one builds them the other ones a service tech great boilers and good to work on now I've moved to the western isles I maybe working on them
So I've got a source of info hopefully

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back