Which parking apps?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I already use Saba, RingGo, and PaybyPhone.

Would those three cover (say) 90% of what I'd likely need, nationwide, or am I missing a better one, or an obvious alternative?

Thanks in anticipation :)

Sponsored Links
Used the local councils system and got a ticket. I appealed and got a grovelling apology, they moved to Ringo afterwards which is fine. God knows how many fake penalties were issued.

Blup

Sponsored Links
If there has to be cashless parking systems, there should be one app that covers all parking nationwide.

The same app should cover all EV Chargers nationwide.

Log in once, register a card once, then pay for all your parking or charging wherever you are in the country using the one app.

It's not beyond the wit of (wo)man to do this and it would make life easier for every user.

If there has to be cashless parking systems, there should be one app that covers all parking nationwide.

Log in once, register a card once, then pay for all your parking or charging wherever you are in the country using the one app.

It's not beyond the wit of (wo)man to do this and it would make life easier for every user.

Marxist :D

Just park I've used but many carparks around here (SW) are MiPermit

MiPermit , seems to be used in my area Chichester, otherwise i seem to be ok with RingGo
just dont like the fact they charged an additional fee when i used , in lymington £2 parking charged an extra 20p , they had a card reader , so should have used that

they should standardise across the UK , maybe on 2 apps for competition.
I now check the council website and any site carparks (like NT , Kew gardens etc ) if i'm going to travel to see what they use - so i can at least download the app
i have , but not used Paybyphone , justpark

MI permit in Gosport area, bloody cheek to charge 10p convenience charge. I dont know whats convenient about using loads of different apps to park depending on where you happen to be.

Mind you the long stay is £1.20 per hour and the short stay is 1st hour free then 80p per hour! Not quite worked that one out either.

But that's anti-competative! Just like some many simple things in this country it's lets make it as difficult as possible in the name of competition.

The Govt. are in the process of centralising parking payments. I suspect it will mean increased charges so the central body can divvy it up between the various operators/apps.

Sponsored Links
Back