Which part of my garden will get the most/latest sun?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there

I need to do something in my garden that requires the most/latest sun during the summer. The problem is I need to get it done soon but there is of course no sun at the moment to check with.

I thought I remembered but the wife is saying something different. We tend to start to get the sun from the left hand side from about 1100hrs onwards and then it passes over towards the back.

In summer from about 1600hrs shade starts to descend on the garden starting from the rear, this is probably due to the large trees all the way across the back of our garden (and neighbouring gardens)

I've attached a pic of the garden with the compass markings on it. The question is theoretically which of the two sections marked 1 or 2 should continue to get the sunlight later into the day?

Thanks for your help

2012-11-13193039.jpg

Sponsored Links
No 1,the sun in high summer sets in the north west,moving back to the south west as the summer goes on.

Thanks Enyam.

That's exactly what I thought I had observed last summer. My wife was trying to convince me otherwise :)

Cheers

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back