which replacement electric shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

A bit of advice please on which electric shower would fit this setup after my very old Mira shower died. A new Mira sport doesn't seem to fit as we have one in the other shower room.

Any ideas?

[/img]

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
The old one must have been huge.

Good luck cutting that pipe if you need to (which you probably will).

What size is the cable, and what rating is the MCB?

Got any spare tiles? :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Of course i meant amps :oops:
There are two fuses, one for each shower, both say 32B on them. Been there for at least 10 years, I am sure the other one is a 9kw.

Is this a problem that i need to get looked at? There are a couple of spare 40A fuses I think after the new kitchen was put onto a different fusebox.

There are two fuses, one for each shower, both say 32B on them. Been there for at least 10 years, I am sure the other one is a 9kw. ... Is this a problem that i need to get looked at? There are a couple of spare 40A fuses I think after the new kitchen was put onto a different fusebox.
Both 8.5kW and 9kW showers really should be on 40A circuits. Also, as has been said/implied, you're really meant to get approval/permission from your electricity supplier before installing two electric showers in a domestic property.

Kind Regards, John

A 32A circuit can only support a shower of 7.6kW (assuming a 240V rating, which most shower makers still quote).

A 32A circuit can only support a shower of 7.6kW (assuming a 240V rating, which most shower makers still quote).
Actually, I think, about 8kW (at 230V, assuming that the 8kW relates to 240V). However, my point remains - that the OP would need 40A circuits for both 8.5kW and 9kW (at 240V) showers.

Kind Regards, John

Ah - I see your point - sorry.
No problem. We all live in the same glasshouse, and you know what that means!

It may be easier for some people to understand this the other way around, starting with an 8kW shower ...

8kW @ 240V,
hence 33.33A at 240V
hence, assuming simple fixed resistive load, 33.33A x (230/240) at 230V = 31.94A at 230V
i.e. just OK on a 32A circuit.

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back