Which replacement MCB to use.

Brilliant, but obvious, solution from friendly electrician. Test the circuit by connecting it to an adjacent MCB.

Sponsored Links
Time to get the shovel out. It tripped on that MCB as well. thanks for the help.

Time to get the shovel out. It tripped on that MCB as well. thanks for the help.
Look very carefully at the ends of the cable and disconnect everything (apart from the supply) from the cable.
Not the way to do it if you have the right equipment, but it could save you from a whole lot of digging. I don’t know if this cable is something you had installed, or one that “came with the house”. I’ve had a few like this where a poor joint has been made as the result of over enthusiastic gardening work. And there in the roots of a tree is a joint wrapped in an old Woolworths carrier bag.

Sponsored Links
I installed it. there's a join near the garage, but it was sealed with hot bitch (25 years ago), so I'll start there.

Look very carefully at the ends of the cable and disconnect everything (apart from the supply) from the cable.
Not the way to do it if you have the right equipment, but it could save you from a whole lot of digging. I don’t know if this cable is something you had installed, or one that “came with the house”. I’ve had a few like this where a poor joint has been made as the result of over enthusiastic gardening work. And there in the roots of a tree is a joint wrapped in an old Woolworths carrier bag.
Yeah I've found far too many of those and not always a repair, I found one which was a spur from a shed feed to a greenhouse, all in direct buried T&E of course.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back