Which sander it best to hire for final pine floor sanding

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I laid planed pine reclaimed floorboards and the floor is nearly done. It's time to so the final sanding and i am wondering what sander is best suited for this job? Do i need something like the Bona x belt sander? Thanks in advance for your advice

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
I'd hire a flooring belt sander for the big areas and finish the edges and corners with something like a delta sander

A Bona 10" belt sander and a Bona xl edger would do it.

Two things:
Why are you sanding?
Have you ever used a walking belt sander before?

A Bona 10" belt sander and a Bona xl edger would do it.

Two things:
Why are you sanding?
Have you ever used a walking belt sander before?
Thanks Vinn. As mentioned above our floorboards are planed so i need only the final sanding done. I got one quote so far from a flooring company for £600 to sand 45m2. We thought it is a bit expensive and that is why i thought i'd do it myself. I sanded the floors of my old house with a walking belt sander before although that was 15 years ago.

Sponsored Links
Not sure why you would need to sand new planed floorboards...
The floors are reclaimed and planed to maintain thier vintage look. It needs a final fine sanding hence my question regardind what type sander to hire for this job.

Seems to me that sanding "vintage" floorboards would lose the "vintage" effect. "Vintage" floorboards aren't sanded, they are just floorboards

Seems to me that sanding "vintage" floorboards would lose the "vintage" effect. "Vintage" floorboards aren't sanded, they are just floorboards
There's plenty of character left in the wood even after light planing and I like this look. Others might prefer the old very worn look as is.
So what about the sander? Anyone able to offer some advice? I'll probably go for the Bona Flaxi 8" or the Bona10" sander. Is the flexi 8 easier to operate compared with the flexi 10 sander?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back