Which saw to cut and trim kitchen plinths?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Having to replace some kitchen plinths and only tool I have is a hand saw, I'm not the best at cutting a straight line so an electric tool would be better for me. Used a jigsaw previously but that gave up the ghost a few years back. Don't want to spend too much on it as it would probably be used once a year, just something to make it easier for me.
One plinth will be trimmed the full length (2750mm) with a cut out for the dishwasher and the other will be cut in half and trimmed. Have to take approx 15mm off the plinth and both are Matt white.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
How about a planer rather than a saw. Or just a brand new hand saw with a fine tooth - second fix saw rather than a first fix. Its much easier to cut a straight line with a sharp saw. Also make sure the cut is the bit at the top so any dodgy bits will not be seen unless you get on your hands and knees and look.

How about a planer rather than a saw. Or just a brand new hand saw with a fine tooth - second fix saw rather than a first fix. Its much easier to cut a straight line with a sharp saw. Also make sure the cut is the bit at the top so any dodgy bits will not be seen unless you get on your hands and knees and look.
Don't think my arms could take cutting 3 mtr lengths, not as young as I used to be.

Sponsored Links
Hire a portable table saw with a suitably fine blade?

Use a straight bit of timber as a guide on top of the material, and use your hand saw.

mind and take it off the top so you get the finished edge at the bottom and up to around 6-12mm deviation wonky cut hidden dependent on position [back to front ]and viewing distance

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back