Which type of lintel should I use??

its a first floor window i'm going to do, would it be madness to use a cutter from a ladder!?

fortune favours the brave!
A 9 inch disc is barely large enough to slice cleanly through a 4 inch brick; I’ve no doubt you can do it with a cutter that size but the blade will be virtually at full depth & the motor will be running a big risk of stalling. With an “Arni” sized disc cutter & the power to match, you will cut the opening in minutes; a clean straight cut, it’s literally like slicing through butter; awesome! :eek:

I think it would be total madness to use such a cutter (or even the smaller one) from a ladder :eek: by the nature of the beast, it’s weight & power is significant & you need both hands to use (control) it; lord knows what the cuts may end up like! One of the reasons I never attempted the 2 x 1st floor windows myself is that I didn’t have a platform (the guy that did it went to all sorts of checks up there before he made the cuts) &, at that time, I’d never used a cutter that size before. For your own safety, please give it serious thought; one slip & you will probably see your decapitated limb drop to the floor before you do! :cry:

Sponsored Links
after much consideration....... few seconds, I will get a platform sorted!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back