Which wago would you recommend for inside a light switch, please? Never used them before...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

Please could someone tell me which Wago product they'd recommend to terminate the earth wire in a plastic drywall box with a plastic 10a 2 gang 2 way light switch? I've never used a wago before - quite excited to try them!

Thank you in advance :)

Sponsored Links
How many earth conductors need to be joined together ?
Wagos are available to connect 2,3 and upto 5 conductors.

are you just "parking " it in the back of the box so covereing the end of the cable safely? but if you are connecting more than two cables wagos are the way.

if yes, try these they are quite small and will sit in the back of the box easily

I've never used a wago before - quite excited to try them!
You need to get out more. :)
Wagos can take up quite a lot of room when you realise that you can only put one conductor in each slot in the Wago. I know it doesn't apply in this case but if you were connecting live, neutral and earth you would need 3 separate Wagos with a separate slot for every wire. You cannot shove multiple wires into one slot like you might with a chock block.
Wagos are not always the best solution.
The little push connectors that Sureitsoff has suggested above take up a lot less room than a Wago.

Sponsored Links

Lol, yeah I definitely need to get out more!!

Aw, thank you so much!! Just the one earth conductor so I shall go and buy some of those push connectors and some of those wagos for when I need them Cheers again!!

I shall hunt down those Wagos (you've made it very easy for me) - thank you very much!!!! You're all very kind and nice and helpful - very much appreciate it ☺️

The wago 221 mentioned by notch are here
use the drop down box to choose between 2/3/4/5 way, you can also get a mixed box

The wago 221 mentioned by notch are here
use the drop down box to choose between 2/3/4/5 way, you can also get a mixed box

Excellent!! Thank you!!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back