Which Whisky?

Laphroaig?

That stuff is so peaty. Friend bought one of those in pub recently. It smells almost industrial, made me feel queasy. Scottish malts are a taste I haven't acquired.

Went to the JD distillery in Lynchburg Tennessee a few years back, before Gentleman Jack was introduced over here. It goes through the charcoal mellowing process twice, compared to once for standard JD. It's so smooth and easy to drink. Too easy!

Sponsored Links
On my 18th birthday I fell in love with a much older woman in my local pub who could name any whisky that she sipped. I fell for it & it cost me £££'s, a valuable lesson learned.

I have always preferred the top shelf over the draughts, because in the 1000's of bars I have wobbled at I have only ever drunk beer at 2 that have lived up to their marketing expectations.
I would rather go down on her than drink whisky, better taste, & cheaper.

Sponsored Links
Still, it's the old girls 80th this year so I thought I'd get her some 2009 Pomerol.. (which is a claret BTW)

of course a bottle of glenfarclas 105 will do the trick, boy that stuff is strong!

Still, it's the old girls 80th this year so I thought I'd get her some 2009 Pomerol.. (which is a claret BTW)

I don't know much about reds as I think it's all vinegar but I do know a Petrus pomerol would be upward of £1500 a bottle.

Must be good balsamic(ironically Italian).

I don't know much about reds as I think it's all vinegar but I do know a Petrus pomerol would be upward of £1500 a bottle.

Must be good balsamic.

Proper red wine is a different drink to "normal" red, which is usually quite horrible.

I discovered Glenfiddich a good few years back. I had yo give it up before I turned alchy

It tipped JD

…...
Went to the JD distillery in Lynchburg Tennessee a few years back, before Gentleman Jack was introduced over here. It goes through the charcoal mellowing process twice, compared to once for standard JD. It's so smooth and easy to drink. Too easy!

It certainly is! :)

That stuff is so peaty. Friend bought one of those in pub recently. It smells almost industrial, made me feel queasy. Scottish malts are a taste I haven't acquired.

Whiskey from America isn't real Whiskey.

Sponsored Links
Back