Which Whisky?

You've not had whiskey until you've has Mekong whiskey.......

Ah takes me back to staying in a hostel in Bangkok in 84, a few travellers used to split a bottle of Mekong and watch a VHS provided by the owner

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
My Pa was a whisky man , although he preferred Scotch whisky I like Bushmills especially because they make a brand called BlackBush , which is colloquially known as Tina Turner.

Tried to like various whiskeys/whiskys but they all burn my throat on the way down. Give me a nice refreshing G&T with ice and a slice any day.

Cracked it. Extensive research has thrown up the possibility that I misheard the guide & focused on the possibility of only 5 whisky's worth drinking.

The reality is that there are 5 distinct & very different areas of Scoatland where whisky is produced . . . Each area having it's best distillery & subsequently there are only 5 products that a whisky drinker need concern themselve's with.
Where the fek is Scoatland?Is that some injoke?

but I am told there is a big difference between blended (Bells, Teachers etc) and single malt.

One is for drinking, the other is for cleaning paint brushes.

I am currently enjoying Glenmorangie. I used to love Laphroaig (an Islay malt) but gone off the really smokey/peaty ones.

I don't tend to have favourites these days - I buy whatever is the best offer in the supermarket.

Basic whisky rule - if it is single malt in a box and over £30, it will be good. Beyond that it's really a matter of taste.

Sponsored Links
Back