Whirlpool AKZ 531 oven control board/power unit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

My built-in oven is permanently on (I have to switch it off at the circuit-breaker) and it seems one of the relays is heat-damaged and the contacts are welded closed. (See image). The control-board is part number 4619 615 12252 which I can no longer find. I have decided to replace the (very cheap) Omron relays which are currently in the post, to see if this solves the problem but perhaps there are other parts damaged.

If the new relays do not solve the problem, does anyone know of correct equivalent control-board?

Thanks

Attachments

• 20190419_133806.jpg
    20190419_133806.jpg
    161 KB · Views: 228
  • 20190419_133831.jpg
    20190419_133831.jpg
    205.1 KB · Views: 214
Sponsored Links
The Whirlpool page for your model number shows different parts for control & power units neither of which resemble your pics.& are both pricey items. However I think your diagnosis of welded relay contacts is probably correct & replacing the relays would be the way I would proceed after checking the thermostat has stopped conducting in the off position.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back