Whirlpool Condenser Dryer not heating up

I am afraid that as I am about to set off to drive to France on hols, & have no smart phone or know where I will be able to get wifi, that I have taken you as far as I can with this problem. If you are getting no supply to the elements in the previous suggestion, then it would appear that either the input to the control board from the ntc sensors is missing or the board is faulty. You could try the following procedure to reset the board in diagnostic mode, but that is about all I can offer. Hopefully someone else will be along to continue guiding you or you could repost with a link to this thread. Good luck.

Turn the dial to off.
Turn the dial to 6 o'clock.
Push the start button 3 times.
Turn the dial 1 click clockwise.
Push the start button 3 times.
You have to complete this within 10 seconds to reset the control board

Sponsored Links
I'm afraid I'm a complete failure :(

I chickened out of testing for power to the heating element but I was having a good hunt about and discovered a wire was all burned looking and the bit that it plugged into was burned out looking as well.

My granny told me to admit defeat and just order a new tumble dryer.

I want to thank jj4091 massively for his help and patience - it's been a learning curve - but I know my way about a heating element now :)

Hope you have a good holiday :)

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back