Whirlpool dishwasher

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry firestorm, have no answer on this, but have very simular problem so i thought i would add to the thread.....

m/c working ok ( so mrs bigtoes says ) went out ( pub lunch! ) came back to a dish washer full of, er... yukkie water and the little green light flashing 4 times!

have drained m/c - and removed all the filter etc, no sludging up, in the bottom is a black mesh and a sensor of some sort - looks like a vick's sinex - turned m/c upside down and removed them all look ok inside the black mesh thing is a diapham effort, when pressed i can hear it click.

rebuilt m/c and switched on, steady green light, but no start up after 1 min 4 flashig mode.....AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHRRRRRR!!

is this thing FUBAR ???

Note: this dish washer has never ( IMHO) drained fully there was always water in the bottom 'sump' of the m/c - is this normal ?? so could it be the pump??
if so how do i know and what is the cost & can a reasonably inteligent 'chimp brained human' replace it without losing his rag and attack said m/c with a large hammer ??

Bigtoes

Sponsored Links
no help or advise at all ???? :cry:

Lynda, moderator

As i said, read the forum rules !

4 flashes is a draining failure.
Do a search on the site for it, it's been answered several times.
If you've already done all that's been suggested without success then it's time to start replacing parts. Without the proper test equipment it'll be best guess time and I'd start with a new pressure switch.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back