whirlpool G2P DWI Dishwasher leak

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all
still struggling with my dishwasher.
I included some more info on my last posts but it all went a bit quiet.
i am now looking at seals between tub and pump assembly but still in the dark.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Huw.

Sponsored Links
Most whirlpool built machines I see with a leak are due to the seal on the pump impellor shaft leaking, usually you can see rust or crud on the motor between the motor and the pump. (will admit on some of these it is not the easiest of places to look)

thanks for your response leccy.
I had another look underneath and I'm pretty sure there's no leak from the circulation pump area.
All the water squirts out of the join between the tub and the moulded plastic housing in the bottom of the machine.
The water only comes out when the circulation pump kicks in though.
This has me puzzled as this area shouldn't be under a lot of pressure should it?
I have dismantled the plastic tubes that carry the water to the spray arms and can't find any blockages or problems.
I'm tempted to undo the aforementioned plastic housing where the leak is and covering the seal in silicon to see if I can seal it that way.
Would that be a waste of time d'you think?
thanks again
Huw

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back