Whirring noise and burnt out smell

Sponsored Links
Thanks for that. So should I say to our local plumber that I think its a "3 port motorised valve"? He'll be gobsmacked! lol. :D

He will be deeply impressed.....however, a description?
Its a brass valve, 1 pipe enters from the bottom, and then 'tees', one to the left, one to the right.
It will have a steel box on the top, with a cable going into it, and the box will have a small trigger sticking out of one end.
Does this sound right?
John :)

Hi
Yes that sounds right except the steel box isn't on top, its below it. The steel box isn't making the noise, its the actual box where the controls are (the timer and the switch where you can adjust it to "24 hours" "All day" "Twice" etc) thats making the noise.
Thanks so much for your help, I'll ring the plumber now as its driving us crazy - its so loud!
Ellie :D

Sponsored Links
Sounds like the programmer/timeclock. Depends on which make/model it is, may not be difficult to change.

The 'box' on the valve does need looking at if its under the pipes. Its not recommended to install them in that plane as should the valve develop a leak, it can fry the electrical parts.....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back