White spots on back of my TV???

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Hi All

I saw a thread similar to this and never heard a full explanation. I got this TV in our new flat and these spots started building.
They come off easily. Not sure if they “grow” back.

Heating is currently broken in the flat and we use a heater.

Any ideas?

How can I tell if it is dangerous or not?

Attachments

• C07D2DE7-1AAC-4E7F-8E7F-20668188BAF5.jpeg
    C07D2DE7-1AAC-4E7F-8E7F-20668188BAF5.jpeg
    504 KB · Views: 188
  • 4053CFD3-F562-436D-A6CA-62D2F91E0E41.jpeg
    4053CFD3-F562-436D-A6CA-62D2F91E0E41.jpeg
    213.1 KB · Views: 205
Sponsored Links
Looks like condensation marks.

Are you using a Calor 'Heat Cabinet' type of heater, perchance? If you are that is the source of the condensation.
(in the family such heaters are known as 'Damp Machines'!)

The heating and ventilation is broken and service is being done currently. It's a Vent Axia setup with heating fans in the ceiling (probably not the right way to describe it). As that's both not working and we're cold, I've just bought a De'Longhi 2kW Thermo Convector Heater to plug into the wall. That keeps us warm until the heating/ventilation is fixed. Obviously, we're opening the windows quite a bit to get some fresh air in.

So do you still think it's just condensation marks and should be fine once ventilation is back up?

Sponsored Links
give it all a wipe over with a soft cloth, use some mild detergent to kill off any nastiness and keep an eye on it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back