Who has a dashcam?

If they do or don't, I'm not prepared to do their work for them. The only time I would submit a tape is if it directly affected me; I've never seen anything where you could anonymously submit tapes to them either so I'm not sure what other processes they have in place.

Some of the stunts I've seen I would even if they only get a letter through the post it might, just might make them think twice.

Sponsored Links
I tried to send one to Cambridgeshire police one day. I was turning left at a roundabout by work and suddenly came bonnet to bonnet with a 40 ton artic which had come out of the haulage company across the road and was coming straight at me on my side of the road. Stopped about 2 feet apart but it was all captured on camera, GPS location, my speed, his registration, the fact he was in a right hand drive cab etc. Camera was still running as he reversed onto the correct side of the road and then the rear camera caught him trying to enter the roundabout the wrong way. I rang up Cambs police when I got into work.

Police reaction: "Was there a collision sir?"
Me: "No, but only because I was quick to react and avoid one."
Police: "Was anyone hurt?"
Me: "No but it was a bit of a shock."
Police: "In that case sir there is nothing we need to do. Thank you for calling."
Brrrrrrr.

I tried to send one to Cambridgeshire police one day. I was turning left at a roundabout by work and suddenly came bonnet to bonnet with a 40 ton artic which had come out of the haulage company across the road and was coming straight at me on my side of the road. Stopped about 2 feet apart but it was all captured on camera, GPS location, my speed, his registration, the fact he was in a right hand drive cab etc. Camera was still running as he reversed onto the correct side of the road and then the rear camera caught him trying to enter the roundabout the wrong way. I rang up Cambs police when I got into work.

Police reaction: "Was there a collision sir?"
Me: "No, but only because I was quick to react and avoid one."
Police: "Was anyone hurt?"
Me: "No but it was a bit of a shock."
Police: "In that case sir there is nothing we need to do. Thank you for calling."
Brrrrrrr.

Walla is right. I see some fella throw out his McDonald's from his van.
I called the number on the Van the girl put me onto the boss.

The description and location I gave he knew who it was. I don't know the outcome but he sounded to me as if he was going to deal with it properly.

Sponsored Links
I contacted Turners, (the haulage company), and they seemed to take it seriously. They confirmed the registration and that it had left their premises, unfortunately because he was a foreign driver, self employed, the only thing they could do was contact his drops and ask them to tell him to call them as soon as possible. I called them a few days later and they said he hadn't called them, simply left his lorry at another depot after his drops and they didn't know where he was but would put a marker on his file in case he ever came to drive for them again.

I find it difficult to believe that a haulier takes anonymous people off the street with no knowledge of them and is unable to trace them.

They get them from agencies and, so long as they can produce the documentation to prove they can legitimately drive the company's vehicles in Britain, they hire them pn a self-employed basis. They will need a bank account number etc to pay them obviously, and maybe they have a lot more details, but they are hardly going to pull out all the stops to slap his wrist if there is a simpler way of 'marking his card, that will show up if he tries to do work for them in the future.
Bear in mind, a lot of British hauliers employ foreign drivers these days.

The description and location I gave he knew who it was. I don't know the outcome but he sounded to me as if he was going to deal with it properly.
I worked for a company once who eventually sacked someone because of all the complaints about his driving which they kept getting.

"I've had a call about you throwing rubbish out the van, don't do it again"
"K mate"

That's pretty much how it would have been dealt with.

Possibly.

But repeated complaints from different people about him repeatedly doing it might be dealt with differently, especially if the complainants think to use phrases like "bringing your company into disrepute", "portraying a bad image of your company" etc.

Sponsored Links
Back