Dashcams

Sponsored Links
The cameras are provided to help parking in tight spaces, and when reversing.
We had those on our Evoque - two on the front bumper that you could swivel to see if anything was coming when edging out at a blind junction, one each under the door mirror so you could see the front wheels and kerb when parking and one at the rear for reversing. When I sold it, one had packed up - I didn’t replace it as they were £400 each! I think they also worked in conjunction with the self-park function. They didn't record either.

I've got a Toyota with all round cameras built in

Oddly, there doesn't seem to be a recording device that can use them.
Our new car has 360 cams. I thought it most odd that manufacturers haven't made full use of them: there could be a slot on the dash into which you stuff a hi-cap SD card that records everything they see.

Surely it wouldn't take a lot of extra effort/ cost to do that?

Sponsored Links
I’ve had dashcams for many years in a number of different cars, I disliked the way they attached to the windscreen and looked like an afterthought.

In my last 2 cars I’ve installed cameras from a company called FitCamX who supply cameras fitted in a shroud that replaces the original one meaning the car retains its original look, a rear facing camera can also be connected.

Attachments

• IMG_2708.jpeg
    IMG_2708.jpeg
    254.6 KB · Views: 47
Back