Who/How can this be repaired? Telephone box on house

Sponsored Links
I mean that if that phone line were active, those poor joints would show up as a noisy line.

Are you saying it is an active line?
Nope, not an active line. Broadband is via Cable, and we don't use landlines at all.

Everyone is saying BT should be sorting this but they just keep asking if it's a "junction box" issue. When I ask them to tell me what exactly they mean (after I've explained the situation) I get hung up on (honestly...each time!)

CPB

I have rummaged through a load of stuff I collected over the years as a spark.

I found something that will come in very handy for you.

It's a second hand BT branded hinged box (taken from a soon-to-be demolished house) designed to contain the joints between the dropwire and the telecom cable into the property.

1693308549636519040993361987642.jpg

16933086045184968211540412921830.jpg

As you can see, it can be screwed to the fascia board, the wires entering from the bottom , and the lid just snaps into place over the top. There is no need to disturb the connections.

If you would like it, please look in my profile where you can email me your name and address.

All I ask is that you put a couple of quid in a charity box of your choosing.

Let me know!

Sponsored Links
Everyone is saying BT should be sorting this
Critical distinction here - not BT, Openreach!
But given some plausible deniability, the fact that the line isn't used and the fibre roll-out will mean these lines are likely to come down anyway - I would probably disconnect at the terminal blocks and blame it on a previous occupier!

BT removed our cable a few years ago.

At first I was annoyed, or rather concerned about the cost of reinstalling it if we ever decided to go to the likes of BT. Forum members pointed out that all new customers pay a connection fee and that we wouldn't pay any more than the standard connection fee.

A mate of mine, a brick pointer, often cuts the cable off when it is obvious that the section that would have once entered the property has already been snipped. The last time, the house had a new black cable from the pole, the old cable looked like (thicker) doorbell cable. He snipped the cable, used a ladder on the pole and tied the cable around the pole.

Yeah, I know you are not allowed to do that but it was obvious that Openreach couldn't be bothered to remove the old cable when they fitted a new one.

I don't have a landline so I cut the cable and removed it.

If you don't use it, no point keeping it

Mailbox getting stuffed with spam. Then trying to empty it is not easy, as the Plusnet server is very temperamental and it's not easy to use.

Until emptied, I don't get any new mail.

(sorry forgot to update the thread) So, weirdly whilst their telephone support was hideous, Twitter came to the rescue and they classified it as an "emergency" change...a guy came out within 4 hours and added a box.

Job sorted, and for free!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back