Who is going to be the next Prime Minister?

Vote now

• Theresa May

• Michael Gove

• Stephen Crabb

• Liam Fox

• Andrea Leadsom

Results are only viewable after voting.
If May gets it it's a stitch up and you can forget real brexit no matter what she says now.
Johnson was already rowing back on peoples expectations which was why Gove knifed him, so at least Gove has some good credibility as an anti Euro, so him or Leadsom I hope.
Prefer Gove though, still too many traumatic memories of the last female PM. Spit, spit.

Sponsored Links
Just listened to that LBC interview (the link is in empip’s post) and it’s reinforced what I already thought.

She talks a lot of sense with a very calm manner. I noticed she was never flustered during those televised debates.

If anyone can stand up to Merkel with reasoned argument, it has to be Andrea for me.

I don’t know how many backers she has so far, but IDS is on board. I’m not sure if this going to help or harm her chances, but I hope she wins and helps the country win.

Its brought benefit for the vast majority of the population.
"The evidence – from the OECD, the House of Lords Economic Affairs Committee and many academics – shows that while there are benefits of selective and controlled immigration, at best the net economic and fiscal effect of high immigration is close to zero." Theresa May
[/quote]
Well that is interesting. A quick search with you terms brings this:
"The issue is not whether immigration is needed but what level and type of immigration is desirable. In this context, net immigration from the EU—which we expect to remain positive—cannot be controlled."
So you were saying about Brexit being a good thing?
https://www.publications.parliament.uk/pa/ld200708/ldselect/.../82.pdf

Probably because that those that do come are young, healthy and wlling to work generally. so pay tax and not as much a burden on teh NHS as you expect.
And it has been admitted that Brexit will make no long term difference to immigration,
It will make no difference to short term immigration. Long term we can choose any level of immigration, if we leave the common market.
Wishful thinking does you no favours. You want decent trade agreements, you get free movement. You don't get out for nowt in this world.

Brexit looks set to be even worse for it [NHS].
Why? Gove wants to give £100M a week to the NHS, for example. That's a safer bet than the TTIP.
The same Tories that want to privatise the NHS? The same Tory who has lied his way to Brexit? You might want to give that a bit more thought.

While I hate Cameron with a passion, at least his campaign was actually honest for remaining in the EU.
World war 3? A 1930s depression? Reform is possible? That's not honesty it's delusion.[/QUOTE]
[/quote]
If you can't represent what someone says, you shouldn'y even try.

Wishful thinking does you no favours. You want decent trade agreements, you get free movement. You don't get out for nowt in this world.

You're suffering from propaganda overdose I think. A trade agreement is a trade agreement, You know, you buy stuff from us and we'll buy stuff from you.
No free movement between countries is necessary for that unless one party tries to insist upon it, the other party may not agree.
The free movement thing is an EU holy grail, we won't be part of the EU any longer. i.e. no free movement necessary.

Sponsored Links
Theresa May questioned today on her Past Stance on being in the "Remain " Camp, should she be the next Prime Minister and be involved in "Brexit" campaign stated that " it does not need a Brexit Prime Minister to get us out of the EU "

Andrea Leadsom questioned on her reply in the past regarding Brexit saying it would be "disastrous to leave the EU" has said it is "perfectly in order for a person to change their mind"

It does not instill me with confidence that the two people running for the Prime Ministers job and lead the UK into the unknown to get us out of the EU are so fickle and are not prepared to stick by their original principles and policies.

Still I suppose its a Woman`s privilege to change her mind if she so desires :)

Don't worry. The outcome regarding the EU is already decided.

As in the link I posted the other day it is the policy of confusion.

Whoever becomes PM, doesn't matter.

431 views and only 21 votes.

Good job this kind of apathy wasn’t shown during the referendum voting!

You're suffering from propaganda overdose I think. A trade agreement is a trade agreement, You know, you buy stuff from us and we'll buy stuff from you.
No free movement between countries is necessary for that unless one party tries to insist upon it, the other party may not agree.
The free movement thing is an EU holy grail, we won't be part of the EU any longer. i.e. no free movement necessary.
I think sooey is a bit delusional about what a trade agreement is. It's an agreement that we'll buy your oranges if you buy our apples. Anything and everything else is excluded and subject to restrictions, limitations or tariffs. Of course that's a simplistic example, but it demonstrates that an agreement specifies the type, amount and criteria of included articles and services, and it specifically excludes certain items. It may also place limitations and restrictions on the traded items. Anything not included is subject to normal tariffs.
So it's not an agreement to trade anything and everything. That is access to the single market.

Now what is it that we have, the Europeans specifically want or need, that they can't grow/manufacture, or service for themselves? I guess all agricultural produce will be specifically excluded. Cars could be subject to tariffs and limitations. Financial Services could be specifically excluded or subject to limitations and increasing restrictions. This could easily be achieved by time limited agreements.
It's why agreements take so long to negotiate.

Maybe there are only 21 regular visitors to this site!

Hmm... Liam Fox who quit over his relationship with Adam Werritty, is against abortion and same sex marriage (****), and was uber greedy with his expenses and then appealed the decision to pay it back. There's a lovely chap, not. Greedy, outdated, can just imagine what he'd do to this country, argh.

Gove, who doesn't like the NHS. No thanks to him being in power despite his silly recent pledge to put more money into it, changes his mind to gain votes and I don't like fickle. And that face! I don't think I want to see that rubbery, disgusting face on every 6 o'clock news, every-single-day. UGH. Be enough to put me off my dinner.

Theresa May, sometimes she makes sense, like getting rid of Abu Qatada and not getting rid of hacker Gary McKinnon but don't know much about her..

The other two I know bugger all about, gotta get reading I suppose.

Maybe people don't want those candidates.

:) No idea who I'd vote for! Not that it matters.

T May wants to abolish UK commitment to ECHR.

It is not an EU thing.

Not sure if it's slavery, torture or imprisonment without trial she wants to bring back. Or maybe she just wants common people to lose their right to demand their freedoms, such as joining a trade union.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Back