Whoops! Minister for the 19th century owns himself

Sponsored Links
Lol he forgot he hates the EU more than he believes in free trade

This is my favourite from that channel. Mogg's pie in the sky economic theories meet reality

Sponsored Links
listen to all these politicians all this green caper will all be gravy about time they started telling the truth ??

Thousands of jobs will be lost

That port talbot caper is just the tip of the ice berg ?? ;)

6000 jobs plus are linked to the oil industry in Scotland

???

We've forgotten the post war mantra - "export or die". However, even the mighty Germans have had a shock recently, poss for different reasons. Maybe we've all become fat, dumb and happy. Complacency is fatal.

Don't know which is worse for The UK; Tory Brexit or Tory net zero obsession. Whatever, it's carrying on the running down of UK industry that Mrs Thatcher started. It's almost like a de-industrial revolution.

I could not disagree more.

How I try to see things like this, is over extended periods of time.

What would you like the world in general, and the UK in particular, to be like, in say 100 yrs' time?

If your utopia is burning finite fossil fuels, and using up finite minerals and resources, your response is consistent with that.

I don't want to see the world or UK like that.
So, we have to start somewhere.

Not the typical politician's position of kicking the can down the road: "Of coooourse we want to clean up the environment and make the UK a pleasant and sustainable place to be; but now is not the time to do it."

I could not disagree more.

How I try to see things like this, is over extended periods of time.

What would you like the world in general, and the UK in particular, to be like, in say 100 yrs' time?

If your utopia is burning finite fossil fuels, and using up finite minerals and resources, your response is consistent with that.

I don't want to see the world or UK like that.
So, we have to start somewhere.

Not the typical politician's position of kicking the can down the road: "Of coooourse we want to clean up the environment and make the UK a pleasant and sustainable place to be; but now is not the time to do it."

China has 350 new coal fired power stations at planning stage. Our obsession with carbon neutral is just window dressing - it achieves zilch. Population is growing massively - they all want consumer goods of one shape or form. Martyring ourselves with net zero just means our industries die while the rest of the world overtakes us. Our carbon emissions are a tiny drop in the ocean.

Yes, what The UK will look like in 100 years - us sitting in the dark, unable to feed, clothe or defend ourselves, living in abject poverty while politicians still grandstand on the world stage about how great our green credentials are.

China has 350 new coal fired power stations at planning stage. Our obsession with carbon neutral is just window dressing - it achieves zilch. Population is growing massively - they all want consumer goods of one shape or form. Martyring ourselves with net zero just means our industries die while the rest of the world overtakes us. Our carbon emissions are a tiny drop in the ocean.

Yes, what The UK will look like in 100 years - us sitting in the dark, unable to feed, clothe or defend ourselves, living in abject poverty while politicians still grandstand on the world stage about how great our green credentials are.

In 100 years, China will also be world leaders in renewables, green tech, battery tech, genetic research...........

..... and people here will still be moaning that "Thatcher destroyed this country" (y)

In 100 years, China will also be world leaders in renewables, green tech, battery tech, genetic research...........

Yes, they'll definitely be flogging us all green tech, because that's what our masters are forcing on us all. But will China be producing green tech in an environmentally friendly way. Big difference. :idea:

Don't forget The Chinese are out in Africa now, pillaging the continent's valuable natural resources while throwing a few coins to the despots there. You imagine China will suddenly grow a conscience? :giggle:

They'll be doing it for self - preservation, and profit.

End result - for generations to come - will be a cleaner place to live.

Which is all that matters, isn't it?

They'll only do it if forced to. Totally different mentality to us.

Instead of China being the only one to prosper, I'd rather we rowed back a bit on the green so we can guarantee our own prosperity. If we can't secure basics for ourselves like reliable, affordable energy, steel, etc - not sure we even have a future. Then, I suppose it naturally follows that a completely de-industrialised country will tick most green boxes.

Sponsored Links
Back