why are people getting more useless

Sponsored Links
weather maggie was a heroin or villain at home is it possible to defend her ego and political zealousness by committing our troops to the faulklands war when over 250 men died for a piece of barron rock, to me thats when she became unforgivable, and the IRA missed!

weather maggie was a heroin or villain at home is it possible to defend her ego and political zealousness by committing our troops to the faulklands war when over 250 men died for a piece of barron rock, to me thats when she became unforgivable, and the IRA missed!

err got to be the wrong thread!!

Sponsored Links
thatcher was like some life sucking leech, she sucked everything out of this country, shut down manufacturing industry, we lost apprenticeships for 20yrs.
dumbed down for the ecconomic good, lowered educational standards, introduced care in the community.

so, the up and comming techno bots develope, in the dark corners, only to emerge mid 90's as the saviour for thatchers spawned muppet nation.
:eek: I thought I was the only one who hated her politics that much :LOL: You forgot ...she bought the working classes wholesale with the right to buy. Something I am proud to say not one of my family indulged in:cool:

I eventually bought a reppo house in 1997, prior to that, on the dole most of the eighties, had nothing, 12 years later dying of cancer.
lifes fourtunes are very peculiar :rolleyes:

To the OP - we now have government guidelines on what we can and can't say, what terms and phrases we can use, who we can and can't employ to ensure we don't offend anyone. We have the HSE to tell us what we can and can't do, how to do and how not to do it, to ensure we don't risk breaking any fingernails. We have SatNav to tell us where to go. We have the MetOFfice to tell us when its safe to go out in the sun and health officials to tell us what to eat and drink, what not to eat and drink and how much we should eat and drink.

What in the world would anyone need to think for themselves for these days??

Other bits of junk on cars that I've never seen the point of:

Sunroof: I had 2 in my last car and all they were good for was baking your head. Could account for some of my more erratic behaviour:eek:

Electric Sunroof: (I can hear the 'aahs' of covetousness from here!) as for Sunroof, but with electrical additions to go wrong. What's the problem with a mechanical version - the handle's only above your left ear - same place as the electric button.

Electric Mirrors: Do you really need to fart around adjusting them that much? It's only really the driver's side that needs moving for people of different heights. My old Mazda had little levers inside the car for adjusting the door mirrors so you didn't even need to get your hand wet. What next? The electric internal mirror? Probably - they're running out of things to put motors on..

Heated seats: For f*cks sake :!: Where do they think we're living? Sweden? Surely a special request item only.

Thousand's of warning lights on the dash (most of which are meaningless to me): Spent several weeks just after I got my present car getting the dealer to sort out the little picture of an engine that refused to go out under any circumstances. Turned out it was the sensors that monitor the oil vapour in the sump being recycled into the inlet manifold that were turning the light on. Nothing wrong with the vapour levels or car in general according to the computerised test rig - turned out it was the sensors that were b*ggered. Took 2 goes to get a set that worked. Thank god it was still under warranty:rolleyes: (cf low tyre pressure warning above)

Radar: on the back bumper: To tell you you're getting close to something. Yes, I know I am. I can see the wall out of the back window. I'd turn it off if I could work how to!

Etc, etc, (fume , rage :evil: )

cmother - don't get me started on useless car gadgets. I really don't see the point of car gadgets - even the most basic and well established ones - electric windows, did winding a handle to get the window down really involve too much effort? Remote central locking, because turning a key in the lock is such hardship - and yet we still manage to use a key to lock our houses? Our car has a warning buzzer to tell you you've set off, but the hand-break is still on - i don't think i've ever forgotten to take the hand-break off before setting off - do people do that??

My boss borrowed a top of the range BMW last year off his mate which had alsorts of gadgets in it - like a voice activated radio, he was so impressed with this he thought he'd give me a demo - after at least 3minutes, and him saying 'Radio 1' at least 30 times, he reached down and re-tuned it by hand. The only thing in that car i thought was actually worthwhile was the built in hands free mobile system - and even then, not so that you could use your mobile hands free - i thought this was a good idea because it had an 'SOS' button, so if you were in an accident you just press the button and it dials the emergancy services directly. Gadgets which improve safety are a good thing, otherwise i'd happily rip them out - they're just another thing to go wrong and get us spending money on new parts and labour at the dealer's workshop.

I agree with you on heated seats - they are hideous things which just make me feel like i've wet myself. And on sensors - we've had three seperate 'engine management faults' on three seperate cars, all of which were caused by faulty sensors and not actually a physical problem with the car and all of which costing well over £100 to replace. They should replace the picture of the engine which shows up orange on the dash when there's a problem and replace it with a picture of a cheque-book.

Sponsored Links
Back