Why delete threads in the general chat forum?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just a general discussion to discuss why the above would happen.

Please note that I am unable to discuss the DIYNOT electrics forum thread. (Otherwise this might get deleted).

Bazdaa

Sponsored Links
In case they have an 'adult' tone, (as one of mine did earlier).

notb665 said:
In case they have an 'adult' tone, (as one of mine did earlier).

yeah whoose a naughty boy then. I was enjoying it to. Particularly Hugh.........oops

Sponsored Links
Bazdaa said:
Just a general discussion to discuss why the above would happen.

Please note that I am unable to discuss the DIYNOT electrics forum thread. (Otherwise this might get deleted).

Bazdaa
Bazdaa - that comment doesn't seem very fair. Your a strange one to me, because you dance back and forth across the line of credibility - most of your posts (that I've seen) make a lot of sense, and are sound in their intent, but you have a suicidal streak when it comes to the moderator.

For the record, I don't quite understand why your post that got moved was locked, but the end result is that a potentially useful discussion was still-born.

Now you might think that I'm a hypocrite, since I've had a fair share of objection to some of my own posts, but I mean all this in a positive way, not a critical or personal one.

Bazdaa - that comment doesn't seem very fair. Your a strange one to me, because you dance back and forth across the line of credibility - most of your posts (that I've seen) make a lot of sense, and are sound in their intent, but you have a suicidal streak when it comes to the moderator.

Guilty Bazdaa

For the record, I don't quite understand why your post that got moved was locked, but the end result is that a potentially useful discussion was still-born.
I guess this is what led me to the above Bazdaa

For the record, I understand and agree with your safety concerns. I'm just saying, stop kicking people in between the legs!

The mods and admins have a big part to play in this, seeing as they are pushing this as a DIY site. But sit back and enjoy, when people are being shot down in post! At least you guys stepped up and put your case forward.

P.S. A family friend, who I knew since I was a little kid. Died earlier this year. He died as a result of working on a washing machine, that was not disconnected from the mains.

You dont have to be qualified to know of the horrow stories!

Bazdaa

Bazdaa said:
...For the record, I understand and agree with your safety concerns. I'm just saying, stop kicking people in between the legs!
I think you need to be more realistic.

I understand that novices who ask for advice here are pretty brave and humble to have got that far, and that's before they realise what a lions den it can be.

However, you're not going to stop the idiotic posts, two of which you quoted on the other topic. Moreover, many people don't read the rules because (a) they don't see them, or (b) they're in too much of a hurry to describe their problem and get help. It's human nature, and something that can't be either censored or 'legislated' against.

Similarly, there will always be experts who sometimes forget themselves and, in frustration, parade their expertise by farting in the face of the novice. On balance, the forum works. Very well. Indeed. There's an almost bottomless mine of information and experience, and the site is teeming with activity and freshness.

Bazdaa said:
The mods and admins have a big part to play in this, seeing as they are pushing this as a DIY site. But sit back and enjoy, when people are being shot down in post! At least you guys stepped up and put your case forward.
Hmm. I think the mods here do a terrific job, because we all, as a community, get away with issuing a lot of abuse, and they step in only when absolutely necessary. The best form of regulation is self-regulation, hence I get ignored, much of the time, by people that I've upset in the past.

Bazdaa said:
P.S. A family friend, who I knew since I was a little kid. Died earlier this year. He died as a result of working on a washing machine, that was not disconnected from the mains.
Sorry to hear that. Life is hard sometimes.

Back