Taboos

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Regarding this statement (that applies to an earlier thread, which is now locked, otherwise I would be replying on that thread):

[code:1]This thread has now been locked as it is serving no purpose. The replying posts have been deleted. This is a family forum that is intended to be open to all to view and to contribute to within the rules and the friendly nature of the forum. This thread does not.
[/code:1]

...I suggest, but without wishing to discuss it that the forum rules be modified to explicitly document the following:

Discussion of the definition of racism is taboo.

Discussion of the definition of the forum rules is taboo.

Any suggestion that the moderators are biased is taboo.

Discussion of taboos is taboo.

Sponsored Links
What a carry-on. Writing a post and having to keep a copy so you can post it again once the original has been deleted. How far can this go?

If you have a post deleted, please respect the fact that a copy of that particular post is unacceptable and should not be repeated.

hermes, please don't do that here, or this topic may be locked or deleted, which was not my wish.

In any case, I believe that you're wrong, because the topic to which I referred has not been deleted, merely locked, and is still viewable.

Regarding this:

If you have a post deleted, please respect the fact that a copy of that particular post is unacceptable and should not be repeated.

My suggestion was that the rule be stated so that everyone may understand what you require them to do and not to do - the method of deleting is demonstrably flawed, because often the poster him/herself isn't even aware of the deletion.

see here...
//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=49338

dont take the p*ss at mods here ...

admins have to have this function as some boards were being used at quiet times when no mods were on as warez dumps , where people went for pirate films /games urls .....having this script stopped them from being sued

but as said ..mods wont admit to this ..lol

Sponsored Links
I'm not taking the p*ss. I'm asking for clarity.

Now I find that a topic that asked for clarity, in a straightforward way, has been deleted.

Everyone except me, and, perhaps, a handful of others, cannot see that topic now, and therefore won't know the rules that are being applied.

It was already locked, so I don't understand the point of deleting it. It didn't do any of the following:

Break a stated rule;
Personally insult anyone;
Call anyone a racist;
Advocate violence or disorder.

...it simply asked for clarification. And now it's gone!

Softus

slogger has cottoned on this rule you cannot see ...he says things which are stupid but within rules then waits for the tirades an mods delete posts ..

you can say anything here in around about way , without mods even saying a word

look how that joey-webmong denied the holocaust an let it get through mods radar ....til I asked for whole thread to be deleted ...

as said ... every post has an alert mod button ...
I bet when these idiots are posting racist threads they are hovering over that button on replies

I have another theory - Slogger is a moderator, and makes inflammatory remarks in order to boost reading figures.

Softus
lol that would be too easy ..lol

remember awhile ago he was threatening to kick their heads in here cos his threads were being deleted one after another ..lol
he learnt how to play the system here then ... +now he is just a big pussycat here an calmed down after the mods snipped his bits ..lol

Moz said:
remember awhile ago he was threatening to kick their heads in here cos his threads were being deleted one after another
Yeah right - that was a decoy ;)

prod-200-SS0110.jpg

Whilst it's still Guiseppe's wish that the carved duck becomes real, sadly it hasn't come to pass yet :(

The nearest you'll get to catching H5N1 from this bird is woodworm :eek:

Softus said:
Regarding this statement (that applies to an earlier thread, which is now locked, otherwise I would be replying on that thread):

[code:1]This thread has now been locked as it is serving no purpose. The replying posts have been deleted. This is a family forum that is intended to be open to all to view and to contribute to within the rules and the friendly nature of the forum. This thread does not.
[/code:1]

...I suggest, but without wishing to discuss it that the forum rules be modified to explicitly document the following:

Discussion of the definition of racism is taboo.

Discussion of the definition of the forum rules is taboo.

Any suggestion that the moderators are biased is taboo.

Discussion of taboos is taboo.

I agree..(thats twice now softus mate, dont worry i'll get something from the doc to make sure it isnt habit forming ;) )

What is it with this 'family forum bit' bit?..do people switch the telly off and gather round it for the evening...I can see it now.. mum, dad, two specky kids..a labrador all clad in aran sweaters..sensisble trousers..cups of warm milk..log fire in the backgound...all reading diynot

Surely people can be allowed to discuss subjects (whatever there views) sensibly (ok thats pushing it i spose!)...

Why not open a politics/discussion thread section?

There have been some good, shall we call them 'debates' on here..look at the 'asian' thread..22 odd pages...take away the silly chaf and youl see people have real issues and valid points...whatever side of the fence you sit on

Its through these threads that you can learn differing viewpoints..wheres the harm?

Or..go for the simple solution...close the .general' thread and keep it to DIY etc advice and be done with it

Or...make it clear in the note under the general tab notes....'no polictical views, race issues, or religious comments'

If any turn up..delete em staight away..no arguments

Zampa

I agree with you, as long as there 's no swearing or someone saying i'm going to kill you with/by ect... i don't see the problem with having a debate about racism ect.. :confused:

Taboo's?

Oh, goody!

Can we talk about death and incest then?

Sponsored Links
Back