Why do i have to fake my ID

You need to ask the airline.

It isn't. If the airline find out it is fake, they would reserve the right to board you.

In the early days of on-line banking my bank kept asking me to use it, I kept telling them I knew too much about the platform to trust it. Things are better today, but they weren't good in the early days.
We have just had a nightmare with a financial services provider. My Mum has a trust for middle son.

They needed him to complete some AML ID checks.

HooYu was their company of choice.

This is what HooYu say about themselves:
"HooYu blends multiple KYC tools and technologies to give firms confidence that customers are who they say they are."

The FSP sent middle son a link which took him to HooYu.

They asked for selfie. Selfie taken and accepted.

They asked for photo ID.

HooYu declined photo of passport as it was expired.
HooYu accepted photo of DL.

They asked for proof of address.

After uploading these images, he got the response:

1696584318566.png

You'd think that was successful.

Nope.

Although HooYu were quite happy with the images uploaded, the FSP wasn't and he had to go through it all again.

This is a fag because you have to ring the FSP to get them to send you a link so you're in a queue for a battery chicken half the day.....

Apparently, the FSP did not like the fact that the (perfectly valid) GL had been submitted twice. Because of the FSP's systems, it would take days for the (electronically-submitted) documents to be processed by humans in the FSP's AML unit. So, you think it's all sorted, then you get a call 5 days later saying the process has failed.

Middle son completed the process again thinking it was an issue with HooYu, but it failed again. This time, the FSP did not fail to mention the fact that he could not upload the same document twice. So third time lucky.

Grrrrr!!!

Attachments

• 1696583708276.png
    1696583708276.png
    128.3 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
Sponsored Links
This is why ID cards were such a terrible idea. One ID card used for everything, one ID to steel.

The stupidity of some "officials" is endless.
Once I needed to withdraw £4k from my bank and my passport had expired a week before.
They said it was not a valid ID.
I asked what they needed the ID for and they said it was to identify myself.
So, naturally I said that a week before I was the person holding that passport, but because it had expired I was not anymore.
After all I wasn't travelling, but they refused point blank, even the manager.
Had to go back home and find my driving licence buried in the back of a kitchen drawer.
Went back to the bank and the same woman mentioned that I looked very young in the DL picture.
No shyt, I was 18 when I got that licence, so she was happy to identify me from a picture which was not me anymore (but a young handsome man) but not from a passport expired a week before.
I closed my account that day despite the begging from every employee on duty that day who tried to convince me not to do so.
Fools.

Barclays once bounced a cheque that I had given my GF. They said that my signature wasn't the same as the signature mandate that I signed almost 20 years earlier when I was 19. I had to go to a local branch with my passport and sign a new signature mandate.

I first got my passport when I was 21. The signature in the passport was very similar to my original mandate.

Over that time, my signature has changed. They refused to accept my new signature mandate because it didn't match my passport signature. I had to sit there until I could make the new mandate look like the passport signature.

I asked them if the believed that the passport was mine- they said yes. I then tried explaining that if I sign anything, by definition, that is my signature. That went over their heads.

We have just had a nightmare with a financial services provider. My Mum has a trust for middle son.

They needed him to complete some AML ID checks.

HooYu was their company of choice.

This is what HooYu say about themselves:
"HooYu blends multiple KYC tools and technologies to give firms confidence that customers are who they say they are."

The FSP sent middle son a link which took him to HooYu.

They asked for selfie. Selfie taken and accepted.

They asked for photo ID.

HooYu declined photo of passport as it was expired.

They asked for proof of address.

After uploading these images, he got the response:

View attachment 316060

You'd think that was successful.

Nope.

Although HooYu were quite happy with the images uploaded, the FSP wasn't and he had to go through it all again.

This is a fag because you have to ring the FSP to get them to send you a link so you're in a queue for a battery chicken half the day.....

Apparently, the FSP did not like the fact that the (perfectly valid) GL had been submitted twice. Because of the FSP's systems, it would take days for the (electronically-submitted) documents to be processed by humans in the FSP's AML unit. So, you think it's all sorted, then you get a call 5 days later saying the process has failed.

Middle son completed the process again thinking it was an issue with HooYu, but it failed again. This time, the FSP did not fail to mention the fact that he could not upload the same document twice. So third time lucky.

Grrrrr!!!
HooYu was a pain to use

Blup

Sponsored Links
Back