Why do i have to fill the system to have a shower?

J

joeread

I have a condensing combi boiler, when there is no pressure on the gauge i am not able to get hot water from my shower, when i fill using the filling loop the hot water comes back,

i thought the filling loop was for the central heating only?? why do i not get hot water when the presure is down???

thanks

Sponsored Links
Its the same basic boiler and it needs the usual pressure whatever its doing.

you need to find the leak and repair it.

As John D says, There must be a leak on your central heating system. How long does the pressure last when you refill the system to 1 bar? Usual suspects are a leaky joint to a radiator, leaking joint somewhere on the system, leaking heat exchanger, or a leaking pressure relief valve (usually this is built into the combi)
I'd reckon having a look round your radiators and see if you can find a leak. Failing that, get a gassafe reg plumber in to have a look.

Sponsored Links
And when you find the leak, get some corrosion inhibitor put in the system. If you have been regularly topping up, then the inhibitor will probably be non-existant, and your radiators will soon crumble to dust! ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back