why do my favourite shows get canceled?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
first it was "John Doe", a show about a man who knows everything but his own identitiy.. cancelled on a cliffhanger at the end of series 1..

then it was "Kyle XY", cancelled with so much left unanswered at the end of series 3..

I've been watching "the class" in the mornings and found out that tomorrow is the last episode they made.. 1 series and it was cancelled..

they cancelled "Joey" after just 2 series

I really got into that "defying gravity" which was well made and promised another 3-4 seasons at least ( took a whole season to get one of the "orbs" on venus and there was one on each planet so they might have gotten 1 or 2 per season.. )...

Sponsored Links
...it would seem the answer is "..because you have a terrible taste in TV shows" :p

Generally down to the great unwashed American viewing public. If their tastes dictate then programmes go down the pan, veiwing figures are all.
Sci-fi seems to be hit quite often, e.g. Babylon five planned for 5 series pulled after 4, Farscape went the same , several such as invasion and another about sea monsters which name escapes me disappeared after only one. Dollhouse very nearly went halfway through the second series.
On the other hand skitzee might have a point, I've only ever seen Joey and didn't make it through an episode.

Sponsored Links
the only new tv thing ive liked recently, apart from random cartoon things that probably wouldnt be liked on here, is "hung", anyone else watched it?

yes I've seen hung.. waiting for season 2..

I'm into that Glee at the moment.. and it's fairly huge so that should at least see it to the end of the series..

the yanks seem to like a lot of medical and crime stuff, so things like bones and CIS are the main stay at the moment over there..

another one I was getting into was the new Knight Rider.. but they pulled that too..

i dont really watch tv anymore, apart from old stuff i used to watch as a kid, so i dont really get to see many of the new shows. ive been told to watch sons of anarchy too, apparently thats very good.

I really got into that "defying gravity" which was well made and promised another 3-4 seasons at least ( took a whole season to get one of the "orbs" on venus and there was one on each planet so they might have gotten 1 or 2 per season.. )...

This is the only one of CJ's selections that I watched regularly and I found it deathly dull. Looked like it had a huge budget and was designed for a multinational audience. Unfortunately it also looked like it was designed by a multinational committee and moved about the same pace as the EU. I've seen paint drying that was more engaging.

Did anyone catch that other 1 series wonder "The Bionic Woman" (remake) starring Zoe out of Eastenders. Certainly had the potential but the plot made absolutely no sense whatsoever. Totally bombed. Don't hold your breath for a seires 2.!

Two classics from the BBC that you may not remember:

"Cry Wolf" a 5 part sitcom in 2000, with big name actors, which was so bad they announced that series 2 was cancelled while series 1 was still airing.

"Thompson" - Emma Thompson's 6 episode sketch show from 1988. Was re-shown once and then mercifully sank without a trace. Great actress, but she just ain't funny.

TV? No time for that when Im short of work and no time when Im busy.

Too busy advertising for work. Spent a whole day dropping leaflets and contacting the local papers.

Got a boiler / system upgrade starting Monday out of it.

David.

Now if you could just mould you taste to enjoy 'prison break' and 'lost' you would be well away. They seem to be going on forever despite the fact that NOBODY watched anything past the third episode of series two. (No-one with a life anyway).

If anyone did watch the above,WTF was the polar bear about?

all will be revealed in this series (series 6) apparently, watched every episode still haven't worked out what the ... is going on!

last night saw the revelation that Daniel Faraday is in fact Charles Widdmore's Son and the old woman is his wife. :confused: :confused:

Sponsored Links
Back