Why is the plumbing system the way it is here?

Sponsored Links
I think its best to stick with the OP rather than what legal and whats not

I think its best to stick with the OP rather than what legal and whats not
Think it's all related and not an irrelevant hijack. Your post relates to installation of unvented cylinders (manufactured to non compliant BS) which, it has transpired, would be illegal by anyone without a G3 qualification.

So you can't really be surprised if those on here aren't overwhelmingly forthcoming on helping you to source what sound like an installation which would break the regs. Or am I missing your point?

I'm just not someone who prefers to lay down the law, lots of things in life arent right
speeding, chipping PS1s, copying cds, MP3s, chipped cable boxes, driving after 2 pints blah blah

If we all had the right papers this site probably wouldnt exist

By the way, I don't mind just being remined of such laws, just not every other post

Sponsored Links
looks like it`s heading for a 5 pager so last of my input....

IF you could find a way of importing your cheap French unvented cyilinders to your home and IF you can find a G3 registered eng to fit your non complant cylinder who when it explodes is willing to come forward to HSE and explain his and your actions....

then by all means go for it.

do you know the expansion rate/temperature of water at 3 bar and 95 deg C which is then dropped to atmosphere?

IF you could find a way of importing your cheap French unvented cyilinders to your home and IF you can find a G3 registered eng to fit your non complant cylinder who when it explodes is willing to come forward to HSE and explain his and your actions....

do you know the expansion rate/temperature of water at 3 bar and 95 deg C which is then dropped to atmosphere?

And you hear of that happening all the time!

In this country we are constantly reminded of laws, health & saftey etc

Im not going to fit some inferior product, its made in France not china

I'm just not someone who prefers to lay down the law, lots of things in life arent right
speeding, chipping PS1s, copying cds, MP3s, chipped cable boxes, driving after 2 pints blah blah

If we all had the right papers this site probably wouldnt exist

By the way, I don't mind just being remined of such laws, just not every other post
I see your point, but there's a difference from you wanting to do something which may harm yourself only or acting outside the law, compared with asking others for help in your doing so, especially where your actions may well harm others.

In this particular case regarding cylinders, you are looking at installing a system which may not be designed using UK parameters, and which involves heating up water in a closed and sealed container. This is potentially quite dangerous, as you can no doubt imagine, and any fallout from these actions may not simply cause yourself an inconvenience.

Probably not, due to it being designed and installed appropriately. Anyway, I've had enough of this and wish you well in you plight. I hope and trust that you don't kill or maim yourself or anyone else in the process of your intended installation. If you could provide details of the address of this installation, I for one would welcome it to ensure that my relatives and friends across the country are warned appropriately. Thanks in anticipation of your cooperation with this matter.

do you know what im talking about, ie a cylinder going from 3 bar to atmospheric pressure? it means when it bursts.

as previously stated, on the continent they frequently burst

edit... can you give me the name of the French manufacturer please?

Im not going to fit some inferior product, its made in France not china
French cars aren't much cop, and I own one! So I'm not convinced of this being of any guarantee of its quality. And how do you know they're manufactured in France anyway and not China, just because it's got a sticker on it :confused:

Anyway, without wishing to become abusive, you're beginning to sound a bit irresponsible and possibly sociopathic in your outlook. So, for that reason, I'm out.

why cant I have a simple cold in, hot out water tank for less than £200

Because you can't. :rolleyes:
Expect to pay between £1200-£1600 for an installation.
If you don't like it go back to the froggies.

Some silly replies, you're a pedantic lot and should live a little

if you dont like it go back to the froggies!!! whats that all about

I havn't even said i'm fitting it, i'm suprised that they are not common place here

I am happy to do it this way (comliant or not)
That is silly and irresponsible

the method I want to use would cause less problems if any
How do you know that? And who is going to install it your way if you're not intending to install it yourself?
edited to add -
being in France wouldnt it have to conform to euro regs?
if so this would be ok for england, would it not
And that is naive

because i'm not fitting it into a kitchen cupboard and I have a brain
what is it to you who installs it

and why are you all so arguementative?
not getting your way in the house or at work, probably

best this thread is put to sleep and I know what to do next time

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back