Why is this new external wood paint looking so bad already?

It depends on the location of the crack. If it's at a normal joint and straight, silicone will not look out of place and needn't be painted. I had partial success with painting non-paint-able silicon. If the primer is a good glue, you could have some success.

Sponsored Links
Is that the sikaflex EBT? I have a tube but it doesn't seem to advertise as being paintable. Although it's white and so is my paintwork...

Yes, it can be painted but you need to use water based primer first. If you don't, the OB paint will be tacky for weeks.

I have painted over it in the past but, strangely, they say it cannot be over painted.

https://www.everbuild.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/SikaflexEBTColours-V1.1.pdf

In spite of the above, I would be happy to use it. It is quite sticky, a fellow forum member kindly recommended dipping my finger in white spirit.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back