WHY MY RADIATORS STOP HEATING FROM TIME TO TIME?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I don't have any idea about plumbing and living in a big house with a combi system I found that we need to use the electric heaters becouse the heating it's not enought to keep the house worm. I found this notes on inertnet....

Combination boilers provide both instant hot water and central heating, but not at the same time - they are "hot water priority", which means that when hot water is being run there is no heat output to the radiators. This also means they have low water rate, so they can only feed one tap at a time.

it's that mean that if we are taking a shower the heating it's not working?

Sponsored Links
Hot water priority means exactly that...If there is a demand for hot water the boilers full effot will be diverted to the hot water until such a time as there is no demand.
So yes if your system has hot water priority (and even some older non combi sytems are like this) then it will turn off the heating while you have a shower.
That said it shouldn't really be that noticable unless you spend an hour in the shower, or the whole family goes in one after the other.

Sounds more like a problem with the combi - a 5 minute shower will not be noticable.

Not a Puma is it?

Sponsored Links
Very unusual for a combi to not be powerful enough to heat a house. Are you sure that your radiators are sized correctly for the rooms?

You can have the biggest boiler in the world, but if the rads aren't big enough the rooms won't get hot :rolleyes:

Simple solution could be that system is sludged.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back