Why not use real names here?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have wondered why people don't use their real names on internet sites?

The names that immediately spring to mind are:

Brightness, Toffee, Softus, Slogger, Masona etc etc etc - I also wondered how you came to choose these names for yourself :)

Wouldn't it be more personal if we used our real names?

Sponsored Links
how may "dave's" do you think there are?

besides once dave has registered no one called dave can join

As I mentioned a few weeks ago, my real name is Denzel Penberthy but I feel that Hermes sounds so much more distinguished.

Sponsored Links
hermes said:
As I mentioned a few weeks ago, my real name is Denzel Penberthy but I feel that Hermes sounds so much more distinguished.

No way! :eek: 'Denzel' sounds so much better than Hermes

Mind you the name Hermes.......does conjure up thoughts of someone who looks like a Greek god!!! ;) ;) :LOL:

JulieL/B said:
Mind you the name Hermes.......does conjure up thoughts of someone who looks like a Greek god!!! ;) ;) :LOL:

Yes that's what I thought, but probably a Greek cod would be closer to the truth, but don't tell anyone.

hermes said:
JulieL/B said:

Yes that's what I thought, but probably a Greek cod would be closer to the truth, but don't tell anyone.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Usual name for sites is Adam_151 (the 151 being the house number, becuase adam on its own is often taken)

Have been known to call myself phoenix on some sites (started with a friends forum when I wanted to hide at first, I had been registered as Adam before, but the moderator let me back, and phoenix seemed an apt name)

JulieL/B said:
I have wondered why people don't use their real names on internet sites?
I got the username masona from my company e-mail at work and sort of got stuck with it.

mason is my surname and 'a' is my initial

My real name is Lesley hence the 'L' and my middle name is Julie = Julie L....the B = birchill (ha ha)

I use Julie in all of my internet activity - got used to using it now! ;) :LOL: ...........it would be too confusing if I used too many cyber names ;) :LOL: :LOL:

In email addressess I use Julie and my maiden name.

I was a bit wary to identify myself truly, as a friend of a friend (in London)was once found and stalked by a nutter who she was communicating with on the internet - she apparently revealed too much about herself and he found her..........scary eh? :eek:

Kelinik said:
Think you've answered your own question there! ;)

You beat me to it! You never know what sort of nutters you are going to come across when you join an internet forum. I mean, there are one or two in here that I wouldn't fully trust, not mentioning any names....

Brightness said:
I mean, there are one or two in here that I wouldn't fully trust, not mentioning any names....

O go on, they're probably only pseudonyms anyway.

:LOL: If you knew my F`in name you`d easily F`ing find me ....unusual where I am but not in other parts ;)

Sponsored Links
Back