Why O why

Sponsored Links
The owners of penthouse suites in adjacent high rise apartments will be miffed in having their very expensive 'views' spoilt by a giant 'sperm'.

Sponsored Links
Moan moan moan, are the brits ever happy? Why the almost constant negativity. Maybe we don't deserve owt nice.

We have a gherkin and a walkie talkie, why not a sperm.

The gherkin IMO is a work of art in itself in terms of architecture and I believe won a RIBA prize for its design too.

The Walkie Talkie is a bit boring. Nothing stands out other than it's odd shape. It has thermal problems if I remember correctly because of that odd shape not to mention it has won an award for how bad it looks.

Two ends of the spectrum.

However out of the well known high rise buildings of London my favourite is the Leadenhall Building because of the method in which it was constructed. Modular service risers acting as the backbone of the building but because of its shape all the weight is on one side. The engineers foresaw this and accounted for it by shimming the steel nodes to push the building out of plumb during construction. The weight on the one side eventually then pulled the building back right after settlement. Very clever.

Sponsored Links
Back