Why shouldn't we charge for parking?

Am I being unreasonable?
No, not unreasonable, but you're not being very sensible either.

If it's just one customer then ignore him/her, but if you find many customers are objecting then you need to wise up. If an explicit charge is going to be unpalatable, then add it to your callout charge instead of drawing attention to it.

It's all about expectation management.

Sponsored Links
What about your petrol costs? Did you tell her she would have to pay that too? Cost of wear and tear on your tyres? One day's worth of vehicle tax? Cost of batteries for your torch maybe?

Your standard hourly rate should be set so it covers ALL your costs, plus makes you profit.

He cant predict that he is going to incur parking charges every time he goes to see a job..so that cant be written into standard hourly rate can it.

Ok you got there first softo...but I thought of it before you! :p

Sponsored Links
Our policy is based on what we think is the fairest wat to charge.

If a customer has his private parking then why should he additionally pay us for parking?

Similarily if the customer has parking vouchers that why should he pay us for parking as well.

Those customers who cannot be bothered to get vouchers should be the only ones who have to pay the costs of parking incurred.

Tony

What about your petrol costs? Did you tell her she would have to pay that too? Cost of wear and tear on your tyres? One day's worth of vehicle tax? Cost of batteries for your torch maybe?

Your standard hourly rate should be set so it covers ALL your costs, plus makes you profit.

A response worthy of someone who does not run a business, has never run a business, and never will run a business.

We all know the answer to the question: how many women does it take to run a business?

We all know the answer to the question: how many women does it take to run a business?

Ooooppps..here we go!

You dont even know its a female yet..could be a brunette bloke, or a trannie!

:eek:

Let's put it this way, if I drop my keys in front of a bloke who calls himself either "attractive" or "brunette", let alone both, I will ask you to pick them up for me if you don't mind

So...now its homophobic as well as sexist!

Pass this man a shovel someone!..

And pick your own keys up.......love!

:evil:

I agree we should cover any parking charges in our pricing.

When calling manufacture out on warranty work they always ask if there is suitable parking available. Not sure what they do if they have to pay to park ?

When calling manufacture out on warranty work they always ask if there is suitable parking available. Not sure what they do if they have to pay to park ?

I take the view that its the customer's responsibility to provide suitable parking for a warrantee visit.

Of course in Central London thats usually not possible. I have devised a way to make repair visits on the tube but it does require a good appreciation of the fault symptoms to ensure the most likely part(s) are brought. With the diagnostic features of most modern boilers its usually possible to get a pretty good idea of what may be wrong.

Many are happy to provide vouchers or pay for meters. A few are very mean and totally refuse. They usually have to wait an extra day!

Tony

Sponsored Links
Back