Wickes 710741 6 Zone Alarm Control Panel Problem.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have this old system installed about 10 years ago and have a problem with the Control Panel. Obviously Wickes have superseded this model and it's now obsolete with no replacement Control Panel for me to change for my faulty item. Very remote question, but is there another Control Panel model that is compatable with this system that I could use. Thanks in anticipation.

Best wishes from,

Gibson8206.

Sponsored Links
If memory serves me correct , Wickes wireless alarms were rebadged response alarms.

Might be worth throwing them an email or looking on eBay?

Sponsored Links
Here you go!

Attachments

• IMG_2518.jpg
    IMG_2518.jpg
    182.5 KB · Views: 279
All products will be obsolete.
Look at Pyronix enforcer at map security as a wireless alarm replacement.

whats the problem with the panel????

might be fixable, longer term though I would get it replaced.

Do a search on eBay for "response wireless control panel" and there is one on there for a tenner plus £3 postage that should do you

Ignore this that panel won't work it's on the wrong frequency

Last edited:
Right let's try again

Do a search on eBay for " response sa" and that will bring up 433 MHz panels , a couple that are identical to yours

If your panel is 868mhz then search that.
If your panel is 4333 mhz then search that.
As it is a wireless control panel you will need the same manufacture with the correct Mhz if it to work.
As your control panel is over ten years old I would doubt you would get the correct equipment to work and you would waste your money.
Better of starting again.
If your system was hard wired then you may have been able to sort most problems with other manufacturers equipment.

The problem is the Control Panel starts making a buzzing noise then it alarms. Switch off for an hour or so and reset and all's well for a couple of days and then off we go go again. I guess a component has failed in the internal circuitry, but not sure.

Best wishes from,

Gibson.

Just picked up all the other responses, thanks for all the advice.

Last edited:
Could be the battery inside the control panel that is faulty and is causing the transformer to buzz ? Possibly.
When was the battery inside the control panel last replaced ?
Should be changed every 5 years or before if necessary.

Must admit the batteries are over 5 years old, but would this cause the alarm to semi tremble/nearly half activate and then go into full db alarm mode?

Best wishes from,

Gibson.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back