Replacement alarm control panel.

Hi all its me again.
Been busy on some other matter and only just connected outside bell as per
Sparky instructions.
Carried out test as per manual and both internal and external alarms working.
Also carried out walk test as per manual and detectors are registering ok on the panel.
Reconnected magnetic contact to front door and to control panel.
Great so far, only problem is that whatever I do I cant set the programme
When I try it beeps twice, and when I leave exit route it beeps 4 times.
This continues even if I cause detectors to flash and none of the alarms go off.
I have attached some pics of the wiring to the panel in the hope that somebody can spot my mistake.

Sponsored Links
right so you have the lid on the panel, no tamper lights you enter code press full and what happens ?

right so you have the lid on the panel, no tamper lights you enter code press full and what happens ?

When I enter factory user code it beeps twice and reset switch remains steady.
Now I must also add that at one stage during this saga I thought I had entered a new code and when I enter this the panel beeps once and the unset light flashes off and on.
I realise Sparky that I have seriously cocked something up but please bear with as today I have a really crap day.

First thing this morning I received a big bill from a solicitor who did about an hours work for me.
Secondly as my wife was about to take the car to go to the funeral of a close friend we noticed that one of the tyres on the car had literally exploded from the inside.
As my car does not have a spare I then proceeded to take the wheel off with the intention of taking it to the garage for a new tyre.
Guess what , after practically stripping the boot and unable to find a jack the suppliers then tell me that the car does not come with one.
During all the to and fro-ing ringing here and there for taxis and friends to take my wife to the funeral I left my bloody mobile on for about an hour to somebody I had called which cost me a few quid.
In between all this the bloody battery in the alarm control panel fell on my head.
I have just returned from the garage after a 2 hour wait having a new tyre fitted at considerable expense. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
My wife is now not talking to me and the dog is not to happy either has she has missed her afternoon walk.
Please Sparky or anybody else sort this problem out for me or my next call will be to the Samaritans

Sorry to bother you all again, but despite the excellent advice given I have just one minor problem.
Everything works fine except that when I set the system and exit through the main door which has a magnetic contact it triggers the alarm.
The magnetic contact has 4 strand cable with 2 connections at the door.
I connected those same 2 to a zone terminal at the control panel and the remaining 2 to the global tamper system.
I suspect that this is the problem, but have not been able to fathom it out, can anybody help me.

Sponsored Links
And what shows on the panel when this happens ?

When I enter omit zone numbers they initially light up, (apart from front door zone) until system gives warning tone, they then go out and no lights show up on panel apart from power light .
Just tried it again and the door has to be opened then closed before alarm is triggered.

right that sounds ok, now what zone did you connect it to, and what is that zone programmed as ?

zone 1 is defaulted as entry/ exit zone, did you change it ? go into programming press 11(zone 1) it should show 6 for entry exit

zone 1 is defaulted as entry/ exit zone, did you change it ? go into programming press 11(zone 1) it should show 6 for entry exit

It's quite possible seeing as I didn't what I was doing.
Will do what you recommend tomorrow and let you know outcome.
Don't want to upset the neighbours again.
Many thanks for your time in dealing with my many queries,

I've got a suggestion, when playing with the alarm, remove the 'trigger wire' to your outside sounder, no neighbour problem then, just don't forget to put it back.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back