Wickes bathroom suite ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am skint, got made redundant and have got time on my hands.
Our bathroom has an old pale blue/green suite in it and i have seen a complete set in Wickes for 200 quid.
Its plain white bath, toilet and sink and comes with all taps/ hardware etc.
Are these products any good ?
I know you get what you pay for but with 2 kids in the house as long as it lasts 3 or 4 years i will be happy.
Has anyone bought one and had good or bad experiences ?
Thanks in advance

James

www.m6jdb.co.uk

Sponsored Links
Mine came from Wickes...its called an Oslo suite (probably obsolete now)
and its been fine...the only grumble is that the basin (wall hung, no pedestal) has a tendency to collect water behind the monobloc tap which is a pain. You'd never know without installing it! All the ceramic faces which need to be flat - basin lower waste etc - were just that. Satisfied!
John :)

Cheers John. I was thinking of getting it this week, This one has got a pedestal with the basin and according to my measurements it should all replace like for like. Famous last words eh ?
Its called the antarctic suite.

Cheers John. I was thinking of getting it this week, This one has got a pedestal with the basin and according to my measurements it should all replace like for like. Famous last words eh ?
Its called the antarctic suite.

Last time I was in Wicks the Antartic suit only consisted of the sink and toilet. That said it was then about £120.00. Just make sure yours really does have the bath.

Sponsored Links
Last time I was in Wicks the Antartic suit only consisted of the sink and toilet. That said it was then about £120.00. Just make sure yours really does have the bath.

Just as a caveat - make sure bath is right size - had one instance with an "all in one suite" with standard bath was too long to fit into space available.

Tony

recently fitted one of their bathroom in a box kits for a small job i was doing. It was ok, but all the waste outlets etc were very plasticy and cheap. The wickes taps the guy got with it were pretty pants and didnt fit that well. Other than that its a bathroom and should last years!

Cheers thermo. I'm not expecting the earth for 200 quid as long as its functional. It can only be an improvement on the green one in there. We are pretty low on funds at the moment but got plenty of time on my hands to get these things done. we will see what santa brings !

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back