wickes burglaralarm problem.. heeeellp!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
can anyone help me i have a wickes burglar alarm about 9 years old its the more modern style one in a smaller square keypad box not the older omnicron style which i had before, it has gone off twice when in the standby mode (not armed)in the early hours and then 14 hours later both in the standby mode iam perplexed can anyone help please thanks!

Sponsored Links
not being familiar with that particular one, i can only guess.
First thing what did it display? (and what is the "norm for it to display)

for it to go off whiole unset would indicate a tamper fault or high resistance.

some panels also give a tamper indication when the satndby battery has given up, as your is 9 years old have you ever changed its standby battery ?

they should be changed every 5 years Maximum.

without seeing it or knowing that particuar one i would say go for the standby battery (to test it drop the mains off and the panel should carry on runninng as if nothing had happened. It should do this for several hours (8 if you do it to british standards)

ON FURTHER INVESTIGATION I CAN NOW REVEAL IT GOES OFF (ONLY THE INTERNAL KEYPAD ALARM)WHEN EITHER THE KITCHEN LIGHT IS TURNED ON OR THE FRIDGE IS TURNED OFF THEN IT TRILLS AWAY UNTIL THE ENTRY CODE IS ENTERED AND ALSO A TAMPER LIGHT COMES ON WHEN THE INTERNAL ALARM IS SOUNDING AND WHEN THE ENTRY CODE HAS BEEN ENTERED THE TAMPER LIGHT STAYS ON FOR 2/3 MINS AND THEN JUST GOES OUT UNTIL I SET IT OFF AGAIN ANY ADVICE IS GREATLY RECIEVED

let me guess your kitchen light is a flourescent light, both your light and your fridge are giving your alarm panel a spike, you will need to fit a spike surpressor, maplin would be your best bet, but as i also mentioned how old is the battery?

Sponsored Links
it was fitted the same time as the battery i.e. probably9 years plus im going to fit a new battery today fingers crossed !!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back