Texecom Elite Dualtec

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. I recently had a texecom wireless dualtec sensor replaced by the company who installed my system and they have set it up using hybrid mode (I know this as my keypad now says preparing to arm).

A couple of times now when I’ve gone to set the alarm from the app it won’t set because this new sensor is showing as offline (Red next to the sensor description on the app)

After about half an hour the sensor seems to sort itself out and it goes back online (green).

Anyone got any ideas what’s going on with it? It’s only been fitted for a few weeks and it’s happened 3 times now.

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Hi. It’s wireless and in the integral garage, not on the exit or entry route and immediate alarmed on full and part armed.

Red is active not offline, grey omitted and green inactive.

what device did the DT-W replace and why.
Suspect interference possibly.
Sensor can be moved elsewhere to see how it behaves.away from suspect interference source.

without more detailed information on signal strength, signal security
How long as the whole system been in?

Sponsored Links
Hi.

Ah yes that makes sense that red is active.

They replaced like for like, the first sensor was false alarming even with the sensitivity turned down. However I suspect the first PIR had been set up incorrectly and not in hybrid mode as we hadn’t seen “preparing to arm” until the replacement was installed.

The system was installed in May 2021.

So do you think I should get them out to move the sensor to a different wall in the garage?

Wireless sensors automatically learn on in the correct mode.

I cant speak for the installation as I haven't seen it or the data I would look at if it was my customer.

It sounds highly likely there is an issue with the current location of that sensor, less likely to be two fault devices.

Once moved they should redo the commissioning mode.

Last edited:
Thanks for your advice, I’ll get on to the company who installed the system.

Hi again. I contacted my alarm company and they have adjusted the pir to auto mode remotely to see if that solves the problem. I’ve just walk tested the sensor and it’s behaving differently compared to when it was in Hybrid mode. In Hybrid mode the sensor would go green when it picked up movement and wouldn’t beep on the panel until I fully walked into the room and then it would go red due to the significant change in the environment. In auto mode it goes red straight away and beeps on the panel at the first sign of movement and flashes amber briefly when I walk fully into the garage. Does this mean the sensor is no longer acting as a dual tech and am I going to get false alarms?

The correct mode for a DT-W is hybrid, it should not be used in any other mode, Texecom will confirm this for you all other PIR's should be auto mode.

I cant comment on what you have installed without either looking on ricochet monitor to see what device it has against that zone or opening the device its self, unless its in a compact case, as the DT-W was never available in a compact case.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back