Wickes combi 2000 Halstead 47 333 03

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have been asked to fit a 24x7 CH & HW contoller to this boiler. The customer has supplied the controller. The customer states that there is no thermostat, the boiler is available to come on alll the time, CH temperature controlled only by TRV's. Having looked at the wiring diagram for the boiler, I can only see the possibilty of wiring the CH timer where the room stat would normally be wired. There is no evidence of a place to wire a HW timer. Customer says he wants timer on HW in case a pipe bursts/leaks. Is there a way of wiring a 24x7, 7 day CH and HW programmer to this boiler?

Thank you for your help

Regards

Sponsored Links
Hi EFL,

Understand it's a Combi but the customer insists it can have HW timed. I am not familiar with this boiler, have told him that HW is heated on demand but he still wants the HW part of the timer wired in. The only way of doing this would be to disable the whole boiler whichcwould fisable CH too. Just wondered whether I had missd something. Have asked hum about HW cylinder and am awaiting his answer - I do not believe there is one. Will let you know.

Regards

crazy customers.

have to do something insane with the programmer and the dhw microswitch.

but its stupid and pointless.

what exactly is your trade?

Sponsored Links
Well, if there is a cylinder you could connect the HW channel to the controls but it still wouldn't protect the pipes to the taps.
Then again - why would they freeze? Big old castle?

If there isn't a cylinder then you would have to arrange something to turn on a tap when it gets cold. :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back