Wide Joist Hangers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We are converting our loft and the plans show wooden beams of sizes such as 225x250 and 225x200 made up from multiple timbers (ie. 2@50mm + 2@75mm to make the 250 wide beam) bolted together. This is all OK, however, how do I attatch them to another timber joist or steel joist.

They cant sit on top or in the web/flange of the steel as this would raise the floor too much.

Ideally I'm looking for long leg hangers 250mm wide or narrower hangers which can be butted up to each other.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Try these.

Oh and ask your designer for flitch beam alternatives to those mahoosif beams.

Unfortunately Simpsons Strongtie hangers only have sizes up tp 150mm. We already have planning and building regs approval and the timber is being delivered later this week so changing to a flitch beam is not high on the list at the moment.

I have seen some hangers with internal flanges so they can be butted up to each other. These are made by CULLEN but I don't know where to buy them from. Has anybody used these?

Use two hangers for the beams, just bolt right through the timbers close to the supports.

This is stuff your designer should have speccd for you.

Sponsored Links
Hi,
I would like to use 2 hangers but the Strongties have a minimum gap between them of 100mm because of the outward facing flanges.

There is a welded hanger on P2 here, but no real info, so you would have to ring their technical department for loads and widths.

This lot do speshuls.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back