Widget

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I put this widget on my home screen at the top but can't remove it now.

Can anybody give me any hints please?

You can't tap and hold then delete like you can with normal widgets...

Screenshot_20231101-225711.png

Sponsored Links
It does lead to some options and further menus, but I can't see any option to delete.

It's infuriating. I know there are sometimes widgets you can't remove from screens, but this is not one that was on the phone from factory.

I added it and therefore I should be able to remove it!

It does lead to some options and further menus, but I can't see any option to delete.

It's infuriating. I know there are sometimes widgets you can't remove from screens, but this is not one that was on the phone from factory.

Try in 'settings', in the settings specific to that app.

Sponsored Links

If I'm understanding your post, you've downloaded and installed the widget (from Play Store, or the Apple equivalent).

If so, go to your Apps, and uninstall it.

(If it was pre-installed, you'd just Disable it).

Thanks, I've looked through all the installed apps and it isn't there.

If I tap a clear area of home screen, up comes the widget option and scrolling through I can find it, but there's no delete option. It's called the (Assistant) At a Glance widget. One tip on the web says to tap it and swipe up to remove (does not work), another says to tap the widget and choose customise, tap at a glance and turn it off. I can't see any of that stuff!

Grrrrr!

Thanks, I've looked through all the installed apps and it isn't there.

If I tap a clear area of home screen, up comes the widget option and scrolling through I can find it, but there's no delete option. It's called the (Assistant) At a Glance widget. One tip on the web says to tap it and swipe up to remove (does not work), another says to tap the widget and choose customise, tap at a glance and turn it off. I can't see any of that stuff!

Grrrrr!

Was it pre-installed, or did you download it?

Try in 'settings', in the settings specific to that app.

I have looked in the phone app.list and on Play Store. This assistant at a glance widget is not there. But it is in the list of widgets available to add to the home screen when you tap a clear area of the same and open widgets.

However, I cannot see any delete or remove option by doing this.

It's most frustrating!

Brig, no option to remove appears if I tap and hold the widget.

I know not the sorcery of which you speak.

I can move all the apps around and move them to another page.

Sponsored Links
Back