Widget

Daft question, I know, but it needs asking:
Have you been through these options:

Have followed the instructions to turn off "At A Glance".

Long press the widget.
OK.

Tap Customise.
OK.

Toggle switch next to "At A Glance" to turn it off.
HUH? Can't see that....

Sponsored Links
Might just have to factory reset.....

Double Grrr with Grrry bits on top....

Factory reset seems a bit extreme, let one of your lads take a look? Or pop into your service providers shop if you have one/bought the phone like that. I had a really irritating issue a few years back with the calanders not syncing correctly, techy bloke in O2 sorted it.

Thanks, freddie.

I handed it to my IT tech lad, who couldn't find a solution.

Have not got a shop to take it back to. I suppose that's the big advantage of buying your phone that way.

I shall continue my search of t'interweb!

Thank you.

Sponsored Links
I'm still battling this!

I cannot believe that somehow I have added this widget to my home screen, but there is absolutely no way of removing it.

The other thing that is confusing me big time is that this widget appears to be connected to Pixel phones.

And apparently there is the option to remove it in Android 14.

Two issues here: my latest update is Android 13 and my phone is a Nokia, so why the hell is it acting like a Pixel?

And it what twisted Universe can owners of a device activate a feature but be unable to deactivate it?

Thank you for everyone's suggestions, but none of these remove options are working. I am able to tap and hold, then drag, but there is no "remove" area at the top of the screen. It looks like my only options are to factory reset or use another launcher.

The other thing that is confusing me big time is that this widget appears to be connected to Pixel phones.

Two issues here: my latest update is Android 13 and my phone is a Nokia, so why the hell is it acting like a Pixel?

I hardly ever use a mobile, so this is not my area of expertise. But I was intrigued. It looks like there may be two similar apps. One is hard coded into Pixel Phones and seems to be called "At A Glance". The other is called "Assistant at a Glance" and that is available for other smartphones. Other people are also saying that at the moment it cannot be removed from Android 13, so it's not just you.

Google’s At a Glance widget is a hard-coded part of Pixel phones, including the brand-new Google Pixel 8 Pro, showing up on both the first home screen and the lock screen.

From September:

Google's big redesign for the Assistant At a Glance widget is starting to appear on Android devices. The new widget was announced in early September as part of the Android feature drop alongside other updates, and while the rollout seemingly started a few weeks ago, users are starting to notice it now on their devices.
Reports of the new widget appearing have been sporadic over the past week, but now it seems to be more widely available. It has appeared on a few of our smartphones, including the Motorola Razr Plus and the Galaxy Z Fold 5. We've noticed it appear with version 14.38.23.28, although other reports have seen it appear with version 14.39.35.28. The new widget also has yet to appear on all of our phones.

The Pixel can also get the new Assistant At a Glance widget, although the permanent At a Glance widget still remains in place and unchanged.

Thanks, I've looked through all the installed apps and it isn't there.

So, it is a pre-installed widget, and not an app.

Press and hold on it.

Can you drag it around the screen?
(for instance, to the bottom, rather than the top).

If you can drag it around, there should be a "Refuse Bin" icon or similar appear; drag it into the bin.

JM...

As far as I remember, I was looking through the widgets (as Brig says they must be pre-installed as I didn't go to the Play store) by long pressing on an empty area.

Brig...

My home screen is stuffed, so I'll see if I can move it an emptied screen and I'll let you know.

I can long press it and it comes up with options but there isn't a delete option and I can't move it either.

Utter madness.

What drives me nuts is not being able to reverse whatever I did...
Humans invented this stuff. We should have completed control over it!

What size do you have the 'Display Size' set to?

It'll be under settings/display & brightness/display size

Another idea, have you tried changing this clock widget for a different one? I have freebie one called 'Digital Clock & Weather Widget' which works well and you can make it pretty small, no need to have the weather showing on it.

JM...

As far as I remember, I was looking through the widgets (as Brig says they must be pre-installed as I didn't go to the Play store) by long pressing on an empty area.

I had no idea how to play with the Widgets. I've had a look now, but I don't have this particular one. Presumably because I have the basic "Go" version of Android on my cheapo phone.

Anyway, it looks like Assistant At A Glance had a major redesign in September and was included in a major update of Android sometime after that date. Since then there seems to be several problems with it. Lots of people can't get the Widget on their screen in first place. Then those who do sometimes don't seem to be able to remove it. I'm guessing Google will provide a fix in the next major update!

Sponsored Links
Back