wifi cctv camera recommendation please.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Seem to be having a bit of antisocial behaviour on my street, and I'm thinking of installing a camera.

Does anyone have recommendations or advice for a camera?

Was thinking of something like this, but I see from the reviews there is monthly charge for motion detection, are there any that don't have monthly charges?
Tp link camera

TIA.

Sponsored Links
I've got one of these and I don't pay for motion detection. It was cheaper when I bought it, it might have been on offer.

WiFi? What can you watch it on?

Apart from phone or tablet, would a smart TV see it?

The toolststion price looks very modest.

Last edited:
It's not just about price, I know nothing about these cameras, but at the moment there has been a few anti social goings-on (things thrown at houses/doors etc) and would like to have the ability to have some footage, should it be needed.

Installation may be a little difficult, as I'm fairly close to the pavement, so won't be able to install at soffit level, anyone with a cap won't be identifiable.

Looking for pointers etc.

Sponsored Links
Don’t forget, even if you go down the wireless route you will still need to run a power supply to the camera, so that may determine where the camera can be located.
Start by looking at where the best location for the camera / cameras is to capture the area in question, too high and you probably won’t capture any facial features, too low and it can be vandalised, also there are rules about filming other people’s properties.

Well always should be fit for purpose.

EZVIZ do a range of cameras that can be Wi-Fi or Poe, use as for recording or send notification to phone or record in a hikvision NVR etc.

Some have AI and I have tested a freebie C3N and it’s okay for the job it’s been assigned to do.

Seem to be having a bit of antisocial behaviour on my street, and I'm thinking of installing a camera.

Does anyone have recommendations or advice for a camera?

Was thinking of something like this, but I see from the reviews there is monthly charge for motion detection, are there any that don't have monthly charges?
Tp link camera

TIA.
Have that camera works fine , no subscription required.Can be viewed from iPad , phone or tv.
Pings my phone whenever someone approached the house ( can tell the difference between human and any other movement due to AI recognition).£34 in most shops Argos, Curry’s etc.

Have that camera works fine , no subscription required.Can be viewed from iPad , phone or tv.
Pings my phone whenever someone approached the house ( can tell the difference between human and any other movement due to AI recognition).£34 in most shops Argos, Curry’s etc.
You can you view it via WiFi on TV or tablet? Is that complicated?

You can you view it via WiFi on TV or tablet? Is that complicated?
No, Have Chromecast on my tv, I say “Hey google cast camera to Tv”.
Couldn’t be easier. Also allows you to choose activation areas on screen and have “dead” areas so plants moving in the wind don’t trigger it .
You can set virtual line which trigger camera if crossed . Many other features.
Only false activations I get tend to be spiders crossing camera .

I've had good use from Ctronics cameras on Amazon.

Free app. WiFi enabled. Does need a power cable running to it, but I just spliced in an extra length and put the plug through a hole in the wall to a socket.

Think I paid about £54 per camera. Pan, tilt, zoom, night vision. Been good cams all round. Most need an SD card for saving recordings

Thanks all, ended up with tape c100 and mounted inside... as getting power was much more straight forward and I could have it all sorted straight away.

I have to say the camera is very good for £20. I have some street lighting near so can leave the camera on daylight mode... as the infra red reflected off the glass.

I haven't needed to pay the subscriptions as it works well enough as it is.

Thanks again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back