Wifi / wireless TRVs as part of a boiler upgrade

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Would anyone be able to offer advice as to which Wifi wireless TRVs to chose (or shortlist) and just as important, any to avoid.

We're upgrading our (combi) boilers shortly and would like to add room to room temperature control from a central control panel, a tablet in the house or a smart phone app but that last option would need to allow two phones to both be able to control the system, in case one of us was out.

If we put in a full set of programmable TRV's, would that in effect replace the timing programmer on the boilers and temperature thermostats in the halls, as each room would then call for heat or not, depending on the time and temperature programming for that room.

Something like the Worcester wave x 2 is suggested for the downstairs and upstairs halls and I don't quite understand what this would bring to a system if every radiator was individually programmed.

It's a Victorian property and none of the radiators are small but would I have an issue with the boiler not modulating low enough, if only a single radiator was calling for heat? I could see that being an issue, if we had the bathroom warming up for a weekday morning with the other rooms not requiring much heat for the short time if we were to leave for the day. At present, we heat a whole floor which is very wasteful, especially now we're empty nesters most of the time.

Thank you in anticipation of any helpful comments.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back