Wilkinson secateurs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have been given a pair of Wilkinson secateurs (model W59). However, the spring shuts the blades instead of opening them! I hope it's a simple fix by putting the spring in the other way up, but I can't undo the nut.

Can anyone tell me how to undo it please? There is a notch in the central bolt (just visible at 3 o'clock in the photo) maybe for a locking pin?

Are spanners available for the nut?

They are basically in good order so I want to get them sorted if I can, but having them spring shut is a major problem!

Sponsored Links
You can usually undo the nut with the points of some snipe nose pliers......I don't think the notch in the screw is relevant here.
If the pliers don't work, its usually possible to drift the nut round with a centre punch or similar.
John :)

Sponsored Links
Thanks Burnerman, sorted! The bolt was burred over a bit and stopped the nut unscrewing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back