Will a 45cm dishwasher fit here?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just buying a new house, want to fit a Dishwasher, managed to grab a few pics on a walk around.. (Power, water, drain are all just out of the pic to the right of the second pic.)

There is a unit around 90cm wide.. With 2 x 45cm doors opening out from the centre. Here you can see the left side..

Plan was to cut the shelves in half, installing the dishwasher in this space..

My worry is the central post, that seems to be eating in to the 45CM I would need..

what do people think?

thanks

Sponsored Links
No chance.
You'll need to remove the 900 wide unit and either replace it with something around 400 wide or rebuild the unit into a size that'll fit the remaining space.

thanks for the reply.. so remove the 900 install a 400 wide unit on the left. leaving a gap to the right ... for the dishwasher.

But then the door wont fit on the unit on the left

thanks again.

Sponsored Links
Fit an integrated dishwasher using the same door? You may have to shift the centre post over a bit .

On a kitchen unit carcass is it possible to move over centre post? This would be preferable as it would allow the reuse of the 2 x 45 cm doors.. ( yes there would be some cutting) of the shelves involved

Assumed for Jackrae reply i would have to remove the units and rebuild..

It is possible, basically removing the 900 unit, taking off the right side panel, cutting the shelves, top rails, base and back panels approximately in half, fitting the right side panel on again (new fixings will be required), so you end up with a 450 unit. Centre post is discarded.
That unit goes back in, leaving a 450mm space for the dishwasher. Door can be used on the integrated dishwasher, plinth will also need to be trimmed as required.

Will be much easier and quicker buy a new 450 base cabinet rather than attempt to modify the existing one.

Or locate a 600 cabinet elsewhere in the kitchen, remove it and put a full size dishwasher there instead. Small size dishwashers are generally hopeless unless you only wash a few cups and plates.

Simply buy a 450 cabinet £25-£50 (Wickes ,B&Q etc. ) and replace the 900 this will leave you a 450 space which a 450 integrated dishwasher will fit.. Attach the door job done

flameport & RogerBoyle Thank-you - Will go for a 450 unit and reuse the doors.. I have looked around for 600 units but there are none that are free or with in a run on the drain..

Will remove the doors, collapse the 900 unit, remove it and then fit a 450 unit, fit the dishwasher in the gap.. hopefully there will be clearance for the handles against the other unit..

thanks all..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back