- Joined
- 27 Jan 2008
- Messages
- 29,562
- Reaction score
- 3,639
- Location
- Llanfair Caereinion, Nr Welshpool
- Country

I remember making one as a boy, yellow bits in coal made a good diode, but are there any transmitters left running?



I know as a lad, there was a SW on the radio, and I could tune into all sorts, but in latter life, found I needed a beat frequency oscillator (BFO) to get stations, and so the short wave listening as a hobby died out.
They still exist, https://cpc.farnell.com/soundlab/a014/mono-crystal-earpiece/dp/AV29544I have not seen high impedance ear pieces for sale either,
Diodes AO90 or AO91 some High impedance headphones (or a crystal earphone) a coil of wire, a high ariel wire and an earth
If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.
Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.
Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local