Will a power shower work with Worcester 28 CDi + 15mm pipes?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got a Worcester 28 CDi combination boiler which feeds heating + bathroom. Unfortunately all the hot / cold water pipes are 15mm which I'm not sure is up to driving a decent power shower. Installing 22mm would be a huge expense due to lack of access under floor.

Boiler is rated at 11.4 lt/min - is that enough flow for a good shower? I've seen specs of electric showers that feed 16lt/min.

If I install a shower enclosure, thermo valves and a decent head am I going to get a hugely powerful shower or an experience similar to standing under a watering can?

Sponsored Links
do you mean a mixer shower ?, you cannot run a power shower off a combi.
I am not a shower expert but I am slightly confused...what is the decent head you are referring to?
Also the flow rate you are talking about is based on a rise in temperature from the incoming main (40 deg cel rise for max flow rate). In this hot weather that is great your 40 degree rise on top of the 25 deg mains water temp will give you a lovely 65 deg shower at 11 lpm, when the mains water is only 8 deg in the winter you will need to warm up the water by the full 55 deg rise to get a toasty soaking, this will drop your lpm down to a trickle.

I've got a mira extreme power shower on 15 mm hot and cold pipes which runs at 16 lpm....it's great, turn it to massage setting you could jetwash the patio!

Interested to know of an electric shower that provides 16 lpm....do you need to prewarn the electricity supplier whenever you want a shower?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back