Will a wall hung toilet fit?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
After discovering a leak in behind the sink in the downstairs toilet, I ended up having to take the whole thing out. Wanted to replace the sink at some point anyway, so now is the time.

I had thought about replacing the toilet too. Quite like the idea of those wall hung units/concealed ones (this kind of thing) but looking at how they are installed I see that you need to build a frame around it, and I'm not sure it would fit!

The unit I linked above is 500mm in width which seems to be pretty standard across different brands. The space my toilet is in is about 630mm wide. Anyone seen these/installed these before and have any insight? I don't have any idea about building frames so I'm not sure how much room you would need.

Could not get image links to work so I've uploaded a couple pictures of the toilet.

This is what I would want it to look like, if it's even possible

Attachments

• two.jpg
    two.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 74
  • one.jpg
    one.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 75
Sponsored Links
The wall the toilet backs on to is an outside wall. I had to replace the extractor fan fairly recently so can confirm It's made up of:

plasterboard, with dot and dab to the inner leaf block wall (this wall is made up of very lightweight blocks)
insulation
outer leaf block, with render

So I guess you could potentially fix the toilet to the inner leaf block wall? I think the current toilet is fixed to this inner leaf with long screws. Not sure how load baring that would be. I think it would probably flex and damage the plasterboard.

Thanks! I'll take a look at the link.

I should mention that I don't intend to do this work myself as I feel it's out my skill level, but it's always good to see how the job will be done and if it's possible before I consult someone.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Take out the dot n dab behind the frame location and fix frame directly to the block.
Batten can be screwed to the floor and the base of the frame rests against this.
Frame will cover the area behind it then boxing in around frame at the front.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back